Next for the range?

• The Renaissance range will officially kick off in the very near future as the molds arrive in our US plastics facility and the boxes are being printed for both the Conquistadors and the Aztecs. What else would you like to see for this range? Let us know your ideas below.

• I think moving east would be great. Cossak light infantry or polish cavalry. No one has really covered the deluge outside of 15mm as far as I'm aware 

• Agree on moving east. there are plenty of manufacturers that focus on Europe and very few for Eastern Europe and beyond

• In the western theatre, because of my facination on the Italian Wars period, some figures for the mid to late conflicts.  Plastic heavy cavalry for this period would be good and useful up to the mid 16th century.

• Winged lancers in plastic could, with some options, work for several periods as well as fantasy.

• Yeah, Eastern Europe is really good in general. You could also do Ottomans and a knights of Malta set or just an upgrade sprue for the conquistadors (not much difference between them and knights of Malta except the signature weapons and maybe some armor), or go to the Philippines as you already have the conquistadors and that would be a pretty cool part of history to explore. You could also do Inca but not sure if they would be worth it as the only historical combat scenario I can think of involving them was a one sided slaughter that was the result of epic diplomacy and general communication failure on both parties parts.

• I'd still want the Inca, even if only for fantasy conversions.

• @BS Kitbasher  True, and the Inca are probably a more solid option then I am giving them credit for.

• I've always wanted peasants for the German Peasants' War in the 1520s. Would be perfect for a whole host of periods and places  running militia, townsfolk etc.

• I don't know what would be good to do next, but I'm really excited for the conquistadors

Maybe a kit that you could do as sailors, merchantmen, pirates

• Ottomans.

• @Ole Hoen I love Italian wars and western theatres too but Perry and warlord already have a lot of models for those. Now WGA can certainly make stuff that overlaps but I'd prefer they expand on new sets rather than canabilizing existing markets 

• @Nathan Ward peasants seem to be an often requested item. I can see that being popular.

• German Landsknecht
    • Samurai
    • Ashigaru

I also quite like the suggestion for townsfolk and Hussars

• @Brian Van De Walker The oponents of the inca are not well known because we have not made nice hollywood movies about that part of our history... yet. :)  I dream of a set of Inca vs Chimu, because that would give some variety and interesting units. The Chimu were subdued by the Inca, but then they allied with the spaniards to topple the Inca empire. The Chimu kingdom (in the north coast of Peru) had its own imagery, and characteristic designs and weapons. You can look for the "lord of Sipan" treasure museum for a start, (actually that its about the Moche kings, ancestors of the Chimu kings, but has better displays)  So... maybe you can have chimu troops fighting alongside Inca armies and against the Inca armies. If only the battles were better known.... ;)

• How about artillery? Different types of guns.

• @Francisco Alonzo oh man, those big hats.  I'd love to have some of those in plastic.

• Heavy Mounted Knights for Italian Wars maybe? Preferably with customisation option so that they could be used as French Gendarme, German Men at Arms etc

• Obviously I'd want some cavalry and artillery to go with the Conquistadors, this would complement the foot figures box and would expand the range. Don't forget the mastiff wardogs ;) 

• Eastern Europe is a largely untapped area especially in plastic. I would support Ottomans, a force that could with several variants in a box, be used to cover several centuries - 15th - 18th.

And what about interesting opponents from the early Renaissance era... Vlad II Dracul & Vlad III Tepes  and the Hungarians (Hunyadi, etc) - the Eastern forces of Wallachia, Moldavia, Hungary, Saxony & Poland cold be fascinating. Skirmish actions and raids ar much more the thing than big battles, though there were a few of these. Such battles featured a lot of interesting looking cavalry as well as infantry. 

• I want to see some Thirty Year's War range.

• @Rohan Wilmott

I wouldn't count on the basic Ottoman infantry covering several centuries of history in just one box as I am pretty sure the Ottoman Empire kept on top of their tech tree more than most people give them credit for and did have enough uniform changes to be noticeable over the centuries, though some of their back country tribal allies might work all the way to 19th century colonial wars and maybe even the Greatwar.  

Interestingly though one might be able make a good multi country set of "Eastern European long coat musketeer’s with bardic axes" for the 1600’s set that would cover for things like Polish Haiduk and Russian Streltsy as well as some others since the big diffrence between them seemed to be hats and the dominet color used.

• I would love to see Ottomans.... infantry, cavalry and artillery. It is a niche untapped by other manufacturers’ plastic kits.

EDIT:

Some more ideas...

It would be competing with Firelock Games’ Blood & Plunder but plastic multi-part kit Golden Age of Piracy models would likely do well. WA could likely compete on price per model given what the anticipated retail price is going to be for the Blood & Plunder plastics once they get released. 

More indigenous populations of various tribes, from various continents. Some of the currently available sculpts are a bit dated and with such models individual diversity is highly desired.

French Musketeers and Cardinal’s Guards... a bit Hollywood perhaps and very niche but could work well if bundled with say an Osprey game release. I am not sure if WA is keen to do such partnerships. 

French and Indian War French Colonial Marines and British Rogers Rangers in plastic would be popular I should think. Sharp Practice as well as Muskets & Tomahawks have some pretty big followings... and I expect Firelock Games to push their Blood & Plunder game into F&I War territory at some point in the future.

• I do feel some heroic scale landskenct would be pretty popular.

• @Brian Van De Walker that seems to always be the issue for ottomans to me. They advance and had such variety that it's hard to pin down a basic unit aside from jannisaries of course. Even if they just made a jannisary box with CCW's and muskets that would be great

• Conditerre and thier troops anything Italian Renissance Wars

• It seems to me that WA's existing and upcoming fantasy factions seem to overlap well with this era:  Halflings, Goblins, Landsnecht Ogres,Trolls...

With that in mind, I'm doing my best to "sell" the Renaissance as an alternative to the Dark Ages for WA's "Classic Fantasy" setting:

For fantasy gamers, it occurs to me that the conquistador weapons and armor look pretty good alongside WA’s halfling militia and what we’ve seen so far of the landsknecht ogres, not to mention some of the gun options for the lizard men seem like a great fit alongside all of the above, and the conquistadors would make a fine fantasy human army, in a style refreshingly different from the medieval fantasy cliche!;

The “Age of Discovery” seems to me to lend itself much better to fantasy world-building anyway: exploration, adventure, and conflict in strange “New Worlds” against a backdrop of Renaissance science and invention on one hand (see the wildly imaginative drawings of aircraft and war machines made by Leonado Da Vinci!), and inquisitions and witch-trials on the other, with an apocalyptic Hundred Years’ War and a devastating worldwide plague as centerpieces to the era, makes for some great fantasy world-building material.;

Hopefully WA keeps making their fantasy figures in more or less similar styles (some halfling handgunners or goblin musketeers, perhaps?) Dwarves and Elves are wide open for something refreshingly different.;

Hopefully we also see more historical figures from this period to go along with the conquistadors and Aztecs… Musketeers of the Guard/Cavaliers, Protestant Puritans/New Model Army, and Corsairs/Buccaneers seem like splendid follow-up historical sets for roughly the same era!

So, Musketeers/Cavaliers, Puritans/New Model Army, and Corsairs/Buccaneers seem to me like great contemporary historical follow-up sets that could cross-over well with the Classic Fantasy line.

And from the suggestions above me, I think Incas and other New World nations and peoples would be a fantastic addition to this line, as would Vlads' armies and the Ottomans, and Golden Age pirates - fantasy gamers would, I think, like those subjects at least as much as historical gamers would!

And I for one would certainly like to see other continents explored - the Renaissance/Age of Discovery would have seen Christian and Muslim empires blundering into all sorts of places besides the Americas for exploration and exploitation, and Sub-Saharan Africa, the Middle East, and Asia seem like they surely have tales of rarely-explored conflicts to tell. 

I know almost nothing about the contemporary history of, say, Africa, but a quick glance reveals that this era saw the rise of a West-African Songhai Empire, which was subseqently invaded by a North-African Saadi Empire, a conquest which would have repercussions that would affect the entire world even into the Americas well into the 21st century. 

This may not be a popular era for wargaming in and of itself, but the Saadi Dynasty, for example, is surely representative of the North-African armies that occupied Moorish Spain until the late 1400s, perhaps making for a quick-and-dirty conflict with the "Conquistadores" for the later years of the Reconquista, and surely an army suitable for the Saadi Dynasty would cover a span of Muslim history and geography covering a large part of North-Africa and even the middle-east throughout the Renaissance/Age of Discovery, and beyond when kit-bashed with, say, the WA Afghans, or even WWI and WWII European army bits, for those wars' North African theaters, for example.... 

Come to think of it, a generic North African army set might well fit just as comfortably into into the "Imperial Conquests" line as it does a "Renaissance" line - and, I'll be curious to see how suitable some of the upcoming Chinese and Indian sets might be for representing those nations in the Renaissance era (one suspects that some costumes, tactics, and weapons technologies in general didn't change very much over time - at least, not enough that the casual western observer might notice:  when I look up art depicting Renaissance-era armies from around the world, I'm often surprised how modern they look to my eye!)

• @Yronimos Whateley@Yronimos Whateley

Personally, given how compatible they are parts wise with the history sets, and the fact that the spiders, goblins, and lizard men sets work pretty well with everything from the Persians to the WW2 Partisans theme wise,    I think outside of the ogres and trolls already planned for the classic fantasy line they should just go with a mix of early 20th, 19th, 18th, 17th and 16th centuries when it comes to just the clothing for the more “civilized races” at least with a "keep it simple” mentality for the base torsos and have fun with the heads and weapons (like the lizardmen set) and maybe do upgrade sprues later on (the halflings and skellies could already use upgrade sprues). It makes them more versatile overall and believe it or not clothing wise that’s still pretty classical fantasy at this point since 80’s onwards you see D&D and other genric fantasy RPG and book illustrations of people dressed in costumes that frankly look like 18th and  19th century armed with swords, halberds  and crossbows.  

As to useing the Chinese (Boxer and Warring States) sets for Renaissance gaming, while its okay for otherworld fantasy conquistadors, knights, Vikings, Nappy style Redcoats, etc. to run into either or both together in a fantasy setting, for actual history gaming not really doable as China underwent several changes in armor and weapon design as well as clothing style over the Dynasties and the Renaissance Chinese (the Ming) look very different from both the upcoming lines and it’s the same deal for Dark age Chinese (the Tang) in case you wanted to know.

It’s likely the same deal with a lot of the  East Indians (who's WA introduction set is likely going to be in British coats with sepoy shorts), the Islamic Empires, and most of North Africa though I have heard that some tribes like the Zande warriors of Africa have looked the same since the Iron Age.   

• @Brian Van De Walker 

if you went with the Jannissaries in campaign dress(instead of the full dress they didn't use often in the later half of the renaissance and 18th C), if you gave a bunch of alternative heads and included some firing poses, you could easily cover both balkan and anatolian Skirmishers from a wide period of history also.

I'd definitely be pumped for any eastern renaissance models.

• Hussites with war wagons would be cool.

• The conquistidor set will cover most Spanish, Portuguese, and HRE forces in the age of discovery period. (Also to a degree mercenaries) with a little converting you can make them pass as English and French as well (since for most nations, the equipment and clothing styles were fairly common across the continent)

So I would prefer that the range start with more focus on non-european groups to encounter. The West African empires for example would be great. As few companies make them in general, and no one in plastic. The same goes for the east African ones, like Ethiopia or the sultanate of zanzibar. The Inca would be nice but might not go over great so soon after the Aztecs.

Eastern cultures would be nice too. India had a lot of interesting kingdoms you could do. And China at this time had some real interesting stuff. While I'd be wary of doing samurai since they are already covered by warlord games and others, things like the Waako pirates might be interesting to cover, also the Koreans.

• I'll like to see these (earlier suggested)

1. knights of malta (maybe as conversion pack?)
    2. townsfolk/ militia
    3. Conditerre and thier troops
    4. Chinese (Ming)

• I kinda like the sound of Joseon Koreans, myself - the Joseon Dynasty ran from the 1300s up to the late 1800s, so the early part of the dynasty would overlap Wargames Atlantic's Renaissance line, while the latter part would overlap WA's Imperial Conquests line, with quite a bit of history in between, and very little of any of it covered in wargames miniatures, and particularly in plastic; between the 1400s and 1600s, the Joseon army would have been in numerous conflicts with the Japanese, Chinese, and internal rebellions. and they seem to be quite a distinctive and colourful army:

Joseon Dynasty Korean army, ca. 1500s....

• I have to admit that after watching The Kingdom tv series historical Korea interests me much more... especially in conflict with Japan.

• Polish Winged Hussars.  An iconic historical troop type.  

Also has appeal for fantasy players, and possibly with some extra parts or kit bashing - sci-fi.

Still not available in 28mm plastic, so a genuine market gap.

• The Winged Hussars are such a popular request in this sort of thing, I'm really surprised nobody has produced models for them already.  It seems to me like a pretty obvious cavalry kit to produce for Wargames Atlantic's modular horses.

• Of what’s been brought up Winged Hussars and eastern European Bradich axe and matchlock infantry to go with them, along with some period appropriate ottoman forces to face off against would be a good idea though I think that is sort of at the tail end of renaissance and might be considered a different period (same deal with the ECW and 30YW).  

knights of Malta as a conversion sprue would be great since I think all that is really needed core wise is some wheel lock pistols and hand axes  for the conquistador sets (both things fantasy gamers wanting a “you know what” army would love).

Male and female militia/townsfolk/peasant rabble sprues are actually a pretty big gap for the Middle Ages and Renaissance, and fantasy gamers could use some other options then what is available.    

Condottiere and their troops for the Italian Wars, etc. are actually already fairly well covered by Perry since that’s basically what the Mercenary box and other WOR/IW sets are given that condottiere just means “mercenary captain” in Italian and was used for all sorts’ mercenary leaders. In fact the Warlord landsknecht sets also fills this roll quite well since they too have a command sprue, and they are pretty cross compatible with the Perry sets. Western European mercs for the most part looked very similar back then due to battlefield lootings (ie one of the reasons I kept telling WA they should focus on world exploits at the time and label the line “Age of Discovery” or “Age of Sail” but no😆).  

India and Africa might be interesting, India in particular, of course so would a lot of  South East Asia and the archipelagos near it like the Philippians and Indonesia.

Ming China and Joseon Korea are both interesting but you only really want to do those if your planning on doing 15th-16th century Japanese sets, since neither are really the most militarily interesting periods for Korea and China from an English speaking sphere perspective beyond the Imajin war (samurai invasion of Korea).

The real interesting times for China outside maybe the 18th-20th centuries are: the Warring States (already in the schedule and personally more interesting than 20th), Three Kingdoms, Mongol Invasion and Rule. The Tang and Han Dynasties are interesting due to invasions of foreign nations such as Persia, Mongolia and Korea among others, however general knowledge about those conflicts in the western world is severally lacking (i.e. not enough dubs yet to make you think "heck yeah do that!").

For Korea the real interesting period was actually  around the time of the Vikings in Europe and is know as its Three Kingdoms Period  which was long and had a lot going on: rebellion against Han China at the start, constant interference from Tang China later on, Silla’s treacherous conquest of the other nations, temporary/limited Japanese invasion and later intervention,  and  it ends with Silla, China,  and a newly formed Manchurian Kingdom being the major regional powers till the Mongol Invasions (which is the second most interesting military period for Korea followed by the 15th-16th century Imajin war Joseon and 20th century conflicts).  

So while it would be an earler subject than the renaissance, outside of what they \ already have planned for China (Warring States and Boxers) it might be wiser for WA to do the Mongol Invasions/wars with a starting focus on Asia instead for Korea, Japan, and China,  as it is rather significant to all them (as well as India and much of the rest of the known civilized world at that time), the European parts are already covered somewhat by Fireforge, of the non-European involved Asian conflicts they are more well known in the Anglo Sphere than the Imajin war and what’s more it gives WA an excuse to do earlier era Samurai and even things like Vietnamese as well as Chinese; Indians; Koreans; etc.  

Frankly I am not sure why the Mongol Invasions are not already a heavily covered subject in plastic yet since it dwarfs every other Empire build up in history except the British Empire and “Age of Khans” would be an awesome line name.

• Although I'd love to have some units from Eastern Europe from the XVIIth century it is HUUUGE subject and would require more complete approach and really, really good research e.g. berdishe armed infantry in Poland-Lithuania was present only for a short period of time and was introduced by king Jan III Sobieski, still seems to be popular in peoples' memory possibly only due to the battle of Vienna in 1683 and various images about this famous battle.
    That means not one or two boxes, but considerably more.

I think you could rather provide models which right now are only available in metal.

One example are the Japanese Warrior Monks and Ikko-Ikki forces.

A mixture of models in one box could cover several options and would serve skirmish games as well as those gaming systems which requite dozens of models.

• @Tomasz Mankowski 

Reference "Renaissance" era Eastern European troops you of course correct on the huge amount of research needed.  But I think that's true for almost any historical subject.  It looks like some time WGA has a sculptor that is a subject matter expert (coming Warring States).  Other times I think they to some extent crowd source it (The blog, forum, and their FB page) for little details.  (This is not a bad idea, there's true subject matter experts (SMEs) on some truly esoteric stuff on the different platforms.)  My guess would be your knowledge of the subject is extensive and hard won.  

I don't think the scope of the subject should be a deterrent.  WGA didn't look at 15 year long Napoleonic War with dozens of countries and multiple theaters involved and go "Nope!"  Consequently we have the nice 95th kit.

A couple main troop types in plastic would be a God send for those building an army.  Gaps can be covered with purchases of metal or printed minis.  

• Exactly, JTam, regarding not letting scopeof the subject be a deterrent.

Consider fantasy wargaming:  that's a pretty broad topic right there, one that is limited only by the imagination!  If someone had let the scope of the subject deter them, they would have missed out on the success of fantasy wargaming, but instead the first manufacturers started out small - Tolkienien dwarves, elves, orcs - and over time more new things get added.... specialized human armies, goblins, rat-men, ogres, skeletons and zombies and werewolves and mummies and ghouls and vampires of all kinds, tree-men and lizard-men and goat men and halflings....

It requires interest from the gaming community in spending the money, and someone to take the risk and get their toe in the door of the market with a couple good, useful, popular, versatile armies to start with, and then you can move on to experiment with other ideas to see what else customers are interested in.

So, I think Eastern European troops can work well, in spite of the complexity and obscurity of the subject, as long as there's a couple good sets that could start the subject off, which could be used for conflicts with existing Western European or Asian armies, and/or which lend themselves well to conversions or kitbashing to other factions.

I'm not one of those SMEs, but as an amateur with no knowledge on he subject, I would guess that Russians, Ottomans, Polish, and Austro-Hungarians might be some handy armies to consider first, for run-ins with Prussians, Bavarians, French, Swedish, Danish, and other armies, and for the fact that these seem likely to be popular subjects, based on what I've seen of fan requests (though it's always fair to wonder, of course, whether a lot of fan requests represent a good market for a subject, or just a handful of vocal fans!)

Some of those armies might easily be generic enough to cover other armies besides, given enough head and weapon options (after all, to my eye, a lot of those uniforms of the era were fairly similar!), and where existing products don't already cover these mulltiple-birds-one-stone armies, that seems like maybe one of the best places to start, given the assumption that there are customers for it....

So, start small, and see where the market goes.  You can't cover all the niche items early on, but if you can cover some items that are most likely to have mutliple uses, or are most likely to play a big role in a popular conflict, or are most likely to be interesting and weird enough to be popular with a dedicaed fan-base, then you've got your foot in the door to expanding things over time....

• I'd like to see more Mesoamericans.  The Spaniards were only able to conquer the Aztecs with the help of allies and it would be nice to see some of these represented.  Currently the options tend to be with Outpost miniatures Tarascans, Tlaxcaltecs and Huaxtech, but these are difficult to obtain here in Oz.  I would buy box sets of all three of the above as well as Mayan, Incan, and their contempories.

Bring on the Flower Wars.

• Tartars might be an option, basic hairy horse archers that would be usable for 1500-1800, but with a few optional bits (heads/hats) might be useful earlier.

Also would like to see Ottoman Turks. Perhaps Azabs or Segban rather than concentrating on Janissaries. If done in campaign dress they could (with different weapon options) cover 1500-1800, and might also be useful for eg Barbary corsairs, Mamelukes etc. Sipahi look fairly similar from 1600-1750s so again fairly versatile.

• I would love some historical accurate Landsknechts, Swiss or Italians for the early Italian wars, to supplement the various metal ranges (eg. Steel Fist) with bulk troops. Especially Italians or French are not made yet, and are even rare in metal. Jinetes, Stradiots and the typical light cavalry BEFORE the Reiters would be nice, too.

From there on one could branch out to the Ottomans, who went to conquer Hungary, Rhodes and the Empire in the 1520ies - failing before Vienna and then returning with an army of 100.000 three years later, to withdraw after a standoff with a similar sized Imperial/Spanish army under Charles. Akinci, Sipahi, (early) Janissary and the various infantry types would be quite usefull, also to fight Mamluks or Persians, or to field those contingents the Ottomans send to Ethiopia or India.

That said, Hungarian Hussars (back to the light cavalry) as depicted on the painting on the battle of Orsha 1514, or the Russian cavalry there, would come in handy, too.

And, of course, the other big elephant, the Ming army. For 250 years one of the largest army worldwide, with a ton of weired warwagons, fancy artillery and strange tactics, fightin anybody from Mongols over Japanese to Jurchen - though mainly other Chinese. There is not even a metal range covering them. I am sure the author running the greatmingmilitary-blog will help you out here.

• Made an account here just to say... SIEGE OF MALTA! 

Echoing a few above - the Siege of Malta and the Wars of Religion more generally are one of the least talked about and modelled periods of historical figures and wargaming... but one of the most interesting! The 1565 siege was one of the turning points of European history. 

I know the Conquistador kit comes pretty close, but a generic 16thC (1520ish to 1580ish) box of European infantry with hand weapons and arquebuses would cover troops for pretty much all nations and conflicts during that time. Things like the French Wars of Religion, Border Wars, Ottoman Wars, Italian wars, Anglo Spanish Wars! They would even be useable for later TYW stuff if necessary when combined with Warlord heads. 

Then you could have an opposing Ottoman box as the perfect companion, with Janissaries, Spahis Azabs etc. As Gary says above the great thing about Ottoman infantry of this period is that the uniforms didn't change much. 

Warlord already have a plastic Landschnekt box but the slashed clothing can't really be 'modelled away' very easily. They also cover the ECW/TYW period pretty well in plastic. I would think it makes more sense for WGA to cover all of the obvious big historical gaps in plastic (as they have done so successfully so far) before revisiting the more popular figures. 

I think 1520-1590 European Infantry would be a fantastic next step for WGA to make in the Renaissance period. The Ottomans need to be covered and European troops are their natural 'enemy' box. Once the Ottoman's and generic Western European troops are complete you could venture into all of the other nations that the Ottoman's picked fights with - Eastern Europe, Poland and the Winged Hussars etc. 

• @Axel Schudak Warlord make plastic Landschnekt no?

• @Axel Schudak

Plus 1 on Landsknechts.  

The Conquistador kit has been very well received and I think half of that is because they kind of look like Landsknechts.  How much better would actual Landsknechts be received?

Yes, Warlord does plastic Landsknechts.  But if the picture posted here proves anything it's that the WGA ones would be better:

https://wargamesatlantic.com/community/xenforum/topic/50188/conquistador-size-comparison

• @JTam  I mean don't get me wrong, I would love to see a Landsknechts set too! 

But I'm just thinking about the way WGA goes about things, which a lot of times is covering lesser covered subjects as well as releasing sets in pairs. 

No renaissance range would be complete without Ottomans, and Holy League Imperial/Habsburg/European troops seem like a natural opposition/companion box for them. 

But in a perfect world you would have:

Conquistadors 

Landschnekts 

Holy League / Generic European Infantry  

(Plus mounted troops and artillery) 

Landschnekt troops were less popular as the 16th C. wore on and other types of troops made up the rest of the army anyway. Feel like having only Landschnekt troops represented is like building a modern US army and it only consisting of US Marines. 

That essentially covers any Western European army for the 16th century which would be massive for both historical and fantasy gamers. 

It would fill a MASSIVE hole in the market and ensure that I remortgage my house in order to buy WGA kits...

• @Will Mansell 

Think of it like Robert Rodriguez.  Some times a man has to film "The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lava Girl" that you know will make big bucks as every family with kids will end up paying to see it - in order to make a passion project like "Once Upon a Time in Mexico."   

Some times you got to make sweet, sweet Landsknechts that will sell hand over fist in order to make Ottomans.

• @JTam  Completely agree although making any renaissance sets is probably a passion project when you compare it to the sales of WW2 & Napoleonic sets ;) 

I guess I just wanted to take the opportunity to say how incredible a set like that would be, but I'll take any sets that represents troops in the 16th century since it's my favourite period. 

• And for the inevitable "reeehhhhh they're just the same as conquistadors" - some differences: 

Less to no 'slashed' clothing for your average soldier, mostly reserved to rich knights or commanders unless you're a landschnekt

The 'puffy' trousers would reach lower than conquistadors, to the knees, and then have a noticable tassel to tighten them at the knee that could be a different colour 

Less to no square pattern padded gambisons, didn't seem to be as big a thing in Europe as in the New World. 

More Elizabethan ruffs - ruffs were in fashion, rather than collared shirts especially in the first half of the 16th C. 

More capes and cloaks - for a lot of soldiers in European/colder climates this would serve as their blanket/sleeping bag, especially when fighting. 

Hardly any swords/bucklers and more halberds/pikes etc. Swordsmen were used more in South America, as well as crossbows due to the unpredictable and humid environment. Would be cool to see a variety of arquebus troops. 

Armour was varied - can easily combine with Perry WOR troops for commanders and rich knights etc. 

• 1 / 2