Sneak Peek: What's Behind the Curtain?

• @Berggeit  

Concur with your assessment.

• @Red Bee   :D  I think you're right - if you zoom in real close, you can see the "Jon Deere", "Red Man", and "Bass Pro" logos on those caps!  My kinda army!  Here, hold my beer....

I have to agree with all the modern bitz I've seen previewed so far adding up to modern contractors, which would definitely be a great place for WGA to get started:  it works for pretty much any modern conflict, it's versatile, and it can be mixed with Death Fields bits easily for a Death Fields faction, could generally work as an alternative to that one company's sci-fi "jungle fighters", and wouldn't look out of place in a post-apocalyptic or zombie or setting, or modern and near-future sci-fi (say, something based on Predator or Aliens....)

I think I might want to get started on that half-baked Joe/COBRA skirmish game I keep kicking around but never really do anything with beyond occasionally trying to look for suitable modern/near-future vehicles....

• @Yronimos Whateley I'd be all for an over the top GI Joe game. Bot Wars is slowly becoming my favorite pick up game, and I 100% picked it up based on theming

Edit: whoops hit send to early

• Sneek Peak 14 APR 22:

Well this promises to be awesome.

I think the footwear places this somewhere in near modern times.  

I'll make a guess:  Vivandiere.  

• The orignal post showed a skirt and heels. Comrades, its got be the Communards! VIVA Revolution!

• It does look like it's going to be a fun set, whatever it is!

Both Vivendiere and Russian Women Commies sound like great guesses to me.  The Russian Revolution women in particular sound like they'd fit in alongside the upcoming WWI Russian soldiers.

And as simple a thing as the long, basic, utilitarian dress would seem to be - I suppose that it could even have been something that male soldiers might have worn at some surprising point in history around the world - those shoes combined with the dress do seem to be quite feminine, and would limit the scope to within a very curious choice of time periods over the last couple hundred years:  they look rather Victorian to turn-of-the-century to me, in fact:

Not sure what these cheerful-looking gals are up to, but they happened to be one the first photos that turned up in my search results for "Victorian Dress", as an illustration for a conversation about corsets of all things!

Carrie Nation from the 1910s Women's Temperence activist movement that spearheaded US Prohibition of alcohol, with her famous Bible and beer-keg-and-booze-bottle smashing hatchet.  I didn't see any version of the picture that shows her feet, but so many of my image search resuls kept reminding me of her.

Someone armed with some knowledge of the history of women's fashion coule, i bet, pin the style down to a very specific time and place, and it probably wouldn't take much to do so:  very much earlier in the 1800s, and it seems that maybe dresses start sweeping the ground without showing off any ankle, while very late into the early 20th Century and the hem starts riding shockly high up over the ankle, to below the knees by the time WWI is very far underway.

With that in mind, I'm tempted to suggest that it's a Partisans set, but I don't think the style is quite right for WWII.  The title of the first Partisans set does not seem to imply that the second would HAVE to be WWII French Resistance, though - "Partisans I - French Resistance" - the second set, it seems, could be for anywhere.

I'm thinking that any actual historical army seems unlikely, and this is more likely to be a "fantasy" set (in the broadest sense) than a historical one.  Seems like some of the other previews recently have included coils of rope, tomahawks, and other possibly wild western bits - maybe a set of Wild West women is on the way?  Wild West seems like the set most likely to me to have some commercial appeal.

As for that "not" Joe/COBRA near-future counter-terrorist skirmish project, I finally got around to looking at it a little more seriously, and I might have most of a plan for it now, with the short version being that the StarGrave rules set looks like it's almost perfect for what I have in mind (just ignore the minimalist default setting, and downplay/drop the surprisingly little amount of the book dedicated to psychic powers, alien artifacts, and spacecraft, beyond the minimal extent that they fit into the general pulpiness of the official Joe setting as I remember it from the '80s.)  So, that's a pretty solidly playtested rule set, and now we're starting to see some perfect infantry figures - my plan just needs a little original alt-'80s/cyberpunk fluff, and maybe some rules on how to handle light vehicles and artillary as anything more than mission objectives. 

I might take further thoughts on that to another discussion, though, as I develop it more....

• @Yronimos Whateley 

Wild West Women seems like a solid guess.

Might be some serious blood on the streets when the "WGA Womens" meet the 

"GEG Girls" (Not to be confused with "GGG" - no, don't Google that) on the streets of Tumbleweed, USA.

• @Yronimos Whateley 

The GI Joe idea deserves its own thread.  I hope you start one.  I'm not a giant GI Joe fan but I certainly have some ideas.  Plus I just want to talk about the HSTV-L ;)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tanks-encyclopedia.com/high-survivability-test-vehicle-lightweight-hstv-l/amp/

Also, PM sent.

• Yeehaw!  I was wondering if GEG would releast another gunfighters kit, glad to see they have!  I kinda wish they had a few more characters per box, but there were so many cool bits in the first box, I can't really complain.

Got the PM - both ideas sound fantastic!  Tell you what, I'll start the GI Joe discussion if you post the one for '50s sci-fi.

I'm not a big GI Joe fan myself - my friends and stepbrother had a bunch of the action figures and I didn't remember specific details about them now, my brother and I made up a lot of our own background using green army men instead - but I did just go through a collectors' site yesterday to refresh my memory, and I think I've got the basics - that HSTV-L would fit in perfectly with '80s GI Joe, which used a lot of weird Cold War era prototype vehicles and weapons that this vehicle would look right at home with!

• Feeling pretty good about the Vivandiere guess now.

Sneak Peak for 29 APR 22:

The Thompson is interesting.  Could be WW2 British, early war Americans, or a score of other troop types.  Maybe even dread American gangsters.

• Drum magazines are usually associated with gangsters, but I recall stories of families sending their sons 'spare' drum mags during World War 2. For a model kit, the gangsters (or similar non-military kit) makes more sense.

• @Andrew McColl 

Excellent point on the drum.

I occasionally see British troops with the drum:

https://www.americanrifleman.org/content/the-tommy-s-thompson/

But if the drum was ever issued to American troops it wasn't for long and it wasn't in numbers. 

Examples of the early Tommy Gun getting around:

• Roaring 20's and Depression era are popular RPG settings, starting with Call of Cthulhu, but there's also general Pulp gaming and Gangsters. Fashions work forward and back a bit, especially for male dress, and the weapons are good for the entire 20th century (although the drum magazine, forward grip Thompsons are fairly specific to the era).

Was used in the Irish Civil War. It's just possible the set might be IRA? I'd consider it less likely than any of the other guesses, though.

Or... NKVD? Aparrently they used them a lot.

• Sneak peak 6 MAY 22:

L-R guesses:

Armed Vivandiere?  

Roman?  Fantasy Roman?

Homeless guy who was pooping in the wadi next to my house?

• The frills in picture 1, and the stitching in the pants making them look like jeans in picture 3, makes me think of a Western setting, for some reason. That's a setting that I think would be really interesting to breach. Part of that is because I was looking into Great Escape Games' gunfighters sets, and I was interested in the set of women gunfighters they had that's brought up above. Of course, the first picture looks more like they could be a civilian defending their town rather than a high plains drifter doling out justice on the prairie.

The second picture makes me think of the recent topic from Benjamin Hayward floating around. He was interested in getting sprues of fantasy/sci-fi shoulders due to their versatility and usefulness. I only think of this because it feels like the shoulder is "highlighted", like it's selected in a modeling program...I know I'd be interested too!

• @lauregami  

The female figure does have a Western school marm vibe.  I thought the pistol grip looked more Napoleonic.... but it could be a representation of a birds head grip I suppose.

• I've not researched it, but I think I read somewhere that the cooling fins, compensator, drum magazine, and vertical forgrip combination weren't really common on US Thompsons - these are things that, IIRC, would have been simplified for various reasons including making the gun easier and more cost-effective to mass-produce, lighter to carry, and (in the case of the drum magazine) more reliable.  I'm guessing late WWI, interwar, and early WWII are possible (and obviously the British used some, as seen in the photos above), but that particular combination strongly suggests a gangsters style or pulp adventurer kit to me.  If we don't have a gangster or similar pulp-friendly kit of that era, it at least looks like an unusual military kit with some bits that would be great for that sort of purpose!

The legs in the third pane of this sneak peak are also interesting - they don't look very military, and also suggest something civilian or gangster as well - the style of shoe might hint at the era, perhaps?

The shoulder armor and helmet in the middle does have a hint of Roman, maybe, but that figure itself and its cuirass seem very over-the-top and muscular - I'm thinking that's a fantasy kit of some sort?  I don't think that's the trolls kit, is it?

And as if the Thompson and trousers weren't already suggesting a period militarized civilian kit, that's about three sneak-peaks in a row that seem to be depicting 19th century or earlier dresses and aprons and such - I can't think of any obvious military unit that these previews might fit, especially the render with the bottles, kegs, and goblets.   If we aren't seeing snippets of a cowgirl, pirate lass, pioneers, and/or fantasy civliian kit, then I don't know what we're seeing.  I'm guessing they're the same kit, but that's not guaranteed.  Both this and the "gangster" kit - if that's what it is - look like fun kits for all sorts of non-historical gaming, in any event, and no doubt even historical gamers would also find uses for them!

• Sneak peak 13 MAY 22:

Kinda settles the Thompson/Gangsters/G-Men speculation.

• Yeah, I think that pretty much cements it as at least one gangster/bootlegger set (a male gangster set, and maybe a female one, if we aren't looking at a cowgirl set as would have been my first guess for the dresses and so on we've seen snippets of!) I'm excited and interested by the subject, and I'm betting the gangster bits we've been seeing so far will mix well with the French Partisans kit for a variety of historical and other purposes!  "Mood:  Badda badda badda!"

I might as well do a Release Schedule Roundup at this point:

• Moderns:
      • First Moderns Set (Final Parts Check)
        • I think we've seen several teases of this set so far, as what appears to be a modern infantry/contractors/mercs set.  (It seems "Final Parts Check" is one of the final sculpting steps before tooling, with room for revisions.)
    • WWII/WWI:
      • Two 0200 Sets (In production queue)
        • These were revealed in the 0200 rules preview to be German guards and British SAS.  (Looks like these are about to appear very soon!)
      • Early 20th Century Japanese (File Prep)
        • We've seen several teases for this, above.
      • Early 20th Century Russians (File Prep)
        • We've seen several teases for this, above.
      • British Infantry WWI (File Prep)
        • WGA has given some official previews of this set, and WGA's newsletter this week mentions the WWI British as one of the two next sets to be produced.  (File Prep is one of the final steps before the tooling starts.  Looks like we have a few WWI sets on the way soon!)
      • WWI French Hotchkiss Team (Sculpting)
      • WWI German Maxim Team (Sculpting)
    • Victorian and Napoleonic sets:
      • Conquistador Cavalry (Additional Sculpting)
        • Sure, this is actually Renaissance, but I'll mention this here along with the Afghan Cavalry.  No teasers or previews for this yet, it seems, but we have seen the infantry, and presumably this set uses the same horses that are now in stock (I'm just guessing, though.)
      • Afghan Cavalry (Additional Sculpting)
        • No teasers or previews for this yet, but we have seen the infantry, and presumably this set uses the same horses that are now in stock (again, just guessing.)
      • India Mutiny British (Final Parts Check)
      • India Mutiny British #2 (Final Parts Check)
      • India Mutiny Sepoys (Additional Sculpting)
        • I don't believe we've seen any teasers or previews for the India Mutiny sets yet.  (Final Parts Check is one of the final sculpting steps before the file is prepped for tooling, with some room for revisions.)
      • Bavarians (Final Parts Check) 
      • Spanish Napoleonic (Additional Sculpting)
      • Old Guard Army Builder (Additional Sculpting)
      • Napoleonic Russian Army Builder (Additional Sculpting)
      • Secret 3-up Napoleonic Project (Sculpting)
        • Looks like there are several Napoleonic sets in some of the final sculpting stages before the file is prepped for tooling!  I think we've seen an official preview of the Bavarians months ago, but not very many Napoleonic teasers yet that I know of.
    • Ancients:
      • Late Romans (File Prep)
      • Late Roman Legionaries (2) Lorica Squamata (Final Parts Check)
      • Goth Army (File Prep)
      • Franks (Final Parts Check)
      • ThureoPhoroi (Additional Sculpting)
        • I think we've seen a couple of official previews for some of the ancients sets, including the Goths, Franks, Thureophoroi, and at least one of the Romans sets.  There might be a preview render or two above that seem to fit the Roman them.  (Most of these ancients sets appear to be in their final sculpting sets, or are being prepped for tooling.)
      • Warring States Infantry (Layout)
      • Warring States Chariot (File Prep)
      • Warring States Cavalry (Layout)
        • We've seen at least one official preview of the Chinese Warring States figures.  (File Prep and Layout are some of the final steps before tooling, so these sets aren't very far away from appearing.)
      • New Kingdom Egyptian Archers (Sculpting Revision)
      • New Kingdom Egyptian Spearmen (Sculpting Revision)
        • I think we've seen at least one official preview of the New Kingdom Egyptians.  (The sculpting is being revised, and I'm guessing the revisions were partly relaed to the question of how to package the sets, melee vs. archers vs. spearmen, as there was a poll on that subject.)
    • Sci-fi and Fantasy:
      • Cannon Fodder 2 (T2)
        • Cannon Fodder 2 was one of the two sets announced in this week's news letter to be next in production, and the T2 test shot would be one of the final steps before production.  We've gotten a few good previews and teasers for this set!
      • Iron Core Valkir (File Prep)
        • A long-awaited return of another great Iron Core faction - like the other Iron Core sets, we've seen a previous version of this set from another manufacturer, but I don't think there have been any WGA previews or teasers yet.  (File Prep is one of the final sculpting steps before tooling, so, like manybof the above steps, this one isn't very far away from appearing.)
      • Landsknecht Ogres (Additional Sculpting)
        • We've seen an official preview of this months ago with some concept art and a couple renders, I believe, but no teasers or anything since then.
      • Fantasy Trolls (Layout)
        • We've seen a few good teasers for this set, but it's been a while.  (Layout is one of the early steps in tooling, so this set doesn't seem far away from appearing for release.) 
      • Farm Animals (Additional Sculpting)
        • The deadliest Death Fields faction of all!  Actually, it's one of the "accoutrements" sets like the recently released horses, and we've seen at least one good teaser for this little set.  I doubt it will see much use as a tabletop wargaming faction, but it looks like it will be a lot of fun for terrain and dioramas! 
    • SECRETS!:
      • Alternate Scale Test (Additional Sculpting)
        • I've got no good guesses what this could be, but it's been in the production queue for a while now, with nothing I can point to for certain as a teaser.  Any guesses?
      • 3 Sets for Existing Range (File Prep)
        • As can be seen above, there are lots of upcoming specifically-named WWI/WWII, Victorian, Napoleonic, and Ancient sets in production, and I don't think this is just a redundant reference to any of those.  These three sets could still be for any of these ranges (for example, they might be some new WWII sets to accompany the 0200 Hours releases), but they could also be from any of the other Existing Ranges, and we may or may not have already seen teasers for them.  Any guesses what these three sets might be?
      • Secret Set (File Prep)
      • 7 other things (Secrets!)
        • That's at least 8 secrets on the public production schedule, and any of these 8 "secret" sets might have been among those teased above.  Any guesses what these might be?

Among the more notable teasers we've seen which might be among the sets in that production schedule:

• Looks like one or more modern infantry sets have been teased - the teasers could be for a single modern/near-future mercenaries/"operators", special forces, or generic infantry set of some sort: the uniforms seem non-specific, and the weapons cover a lot of territory.  I'm thinking this is almost certainly the "First Moderns Set" mentioned in the production schedule?
    • We have seen a few recent teasers of what seems to be a gangsters/bootleggers set.  I'm not sure quite what existing line this might fit into, really, though it is reminiscent of the "World Ablaze" WWII Partisans, and then again admittedly it is more of a cinematic sort of set closer to a fantasy or sci-fi range, but definitely not the same flavor of fantasy as Classic Fantasy and probably not Death Fields.  It's likely one of those final 8 SECRETS!, and could end up in a new product line, but I can only guess!
    • There have been a few recent teasers of what seem to be women in period dresses, presumably the same set, possibly fantasy, renaissance, or ancient, but seemingly more likely Victorian, give or take a few decades.  The teasers seem to suggest this might be a civilian set of some sort, but you never know from a preview render or two with no coments!  I'm guessing this might be a single set to appear in the Imperial Conquests or Napoleonic line, maybe a wild west or pioneer set, though it might fit the Classic Fantasy line as a townsfolk sort of thing.  Any better guesses?
    • There appear to have been a teaser or two that might have been for bits that might fit a Native American set, which might fit the Imperial Conquests line (though it could have been just as suitable for anything from Renaissance to the Napoleonic ranges, too, including French-and-Indian War or American War of Independence.)  Could be one of those last 8 SECRETS!, could be one of the three sets from an existing line.  Could be I'm wrong about it being Native American!  Any better guesses?
    • I think one older teaser looked like a Mongol war bow, but I'm no expert.  Any better guesses?
    • Another one-off teaser of a part of a horse and rider prompted JTam to guess it was a Polish Lancer, backed up with photos, which seems more than plausible to me.
    • There seems to have been a couple teasers of part of a tracked vehicle or machine of some sort.  At least one of them seemed to be an early 20th Century tankette, though bits of track might hint at anything from WWI to Death Fields or other sci-fi (for example, a robot.)  This seems likely to be one of the SECRETS!, though we might also be looking at something from the "Alternate Scale test".  I don't think I can guess at this one, except to say someone else's guess at it being a tankette seemed plausible to me.  Anyone else want to give it a stab?
    • There was also the Mystery Puttee with a bow on top:  best guess seems to be something from WWI, but it's been placed anywhere from an ancients set to the 20th Century, and I've even supposed that fantasy or Death Fields might not be off the table.  Something from any one of the WWI/Early 20th Century kits seems plausible, as does something from any of the three sets from an existing line or any of the eight SECRETS!, but I think this one is still wide open for someone to find an exact match to pin it down once and for all.  Anyone want to give it another stab?  (For a good time, guess "Warring States Chinese!" ;)  )
    • We've gotten at least one teaser for what looks like a fantasy Warg (and a poll that seemed to confirm a Warg/wolf set was on the drawing board); another teaser for a similar creature was a little harder to pin down, possibly a wolf or werewolf of some sort.  And, another teaser of something that was even harder to pin down - best guess seems to be they represent two or three different fantasy or sci-fi cavalry mounts including Wargs/wolves.
    • And, we've seen an assortment of strange mystery bits, such as torsos in odd harnesses, heads in strange coifs or hoods, a maybe-Roman-maybe-fantasy armored torso, the barrel of a peculiar-looking gun that seemed to loosely match the oddly niche De Lisle Carbine (which might or might not fit the 0200 SAS kit?), and more.  I think we have given only the wildest of guesses for many of these, and the field seems wide open for better guesses!

• @JTam the woman could be holding any of a number Victorian era guns like a Pepper Box pistol:

The Thompsons gun was real common not just in the states but overseas. It could be warlord Chinese they used quite a few an that included the cooling fin ones since they where an early buyer (of course it might be WW1 Americans).

• @Yronimos Whateley 

Great roll up/analysis as always.

There was a render or two floating around of the Conquistador cavalry.  I remember the horse looked small, but the renders are always strange like that.  

I think there's a 99.7% chance there is a kit with at least one vivandiere in it.  (The sneak peek with the woman with cask, bottle, and glass is pretty conclusive).  That doesn't mean we have seen sneak peeks of other females from other kits.

Also I think the wierd barrel was a De Lisle.  I'm pretty sure there's one in the 02 Hundred Hours British plastic set.

(Second row up.  Far right.  You can kind of see the bolt handle.)

• @Yronimos Whateley 

The front handgrip, drum or box magazine, and cooling fins designate the original models c.1921-42. The military adopted this pattern in 1928 as the M1928A1, with the simplified military design without cooling fins and only the box magazine option being intoduced as the M1 in 1942. These were produced in large numbers in WW2 but were officially superceded in USA usage by the M3 SMG by the end of the war. However the Thompson remained on the books and was still in use for decades. 

My guess is a Gangster sprue with one Gun Moll body. Or IRA.

• I was working on a Gripping Beast Late Roman yesterday and noticed it had leg wraps with bows like the WGA sneak peek leg wraps.

• @JTam "German Nun Paratroops of course" Sorry couldn`t resist.

• Great catch, Grumpy - that looks a little closer to me than any of the alternatives suggested for the Mystery Puttee - I don't think anyone has suggested Romans yet, and Wargames Atlantic does have a couple upcoming Roman sets! 

@Mark Dewis - the IRA had never crossed my mind!  Might be a little too recent politically for the comfort of the target audience (it was a hot war within my lifetime, and there still seem to be hard feelings over it), but it sounds like a fascinating subject for a moderns kit, the more I think of it.

All the info on the Thompson and De Lisle guns is fascinating:  I'd never heard of the De Lisle before it was suggested in this thread, while I actually owned a semi-auto Thompson for a couple years (I had to sell it for gas money and it took up a LOT of room, given its small size - that case was huge) - it was a great gun, looked absolutely beautiful, and was a real conversation piece at the range; you pick up bits and pieces of the history here and there, but with such an iconic weapon and such a long history, there are always surprising new things to discover. 

A Chinese kit using original or some sort of modified Thompson is another possibility that never crossed my mind, and it sounds like another fascinating subject! 

• @Grumpy Gnome That actually looks exactly right (or close enough for me). So Decline and Fall.

• Possible from the upcoming Late Roman Lorica Squamata Set.

• Sneak Peek for this week:

A minigun, but for what sort of set?  (I take it these hand-held miniguns fall into some grey area between Hollywood sci-fi and practical novelties, more than actual real-world battlefield weapons, so I'm guessing near future, which fits with the recent poll?  Might be some sort of flame-thrower or plasma weapon, too.  Either way, it wouldn't look out of place in a unit of "Predator" style near-future mercenaries, "Aliens" style colonial marines, or that sort of thing (with that in mind, we have seen a Colonial Marines/Starship Trooper sort of near-future set teased a couple times already!) 

Otherwise, it seems unlikely to be for Cannon Fodder II (as that set seemed to be just about finalized months ago with I believe a different energy-based "BFG"), but this thing might still be from some other new Death Fields faction we haven't seen (or at least recognized) in the teasers, or even a bit from some new accessory sprue, if the first one sold well enough. 

What Death Fileds factions or other possibilities can you think of?  Or, if it's a real-life weapon, what sort of set would it be for?

Also:  "Mood:  this girl is on fire!"

• If it is a real world weapon I do not recognize it. I originally thought flamethrower because of the rod/tube below what looks like the muzzle of the weapon but when you said minigun I looked again. Seeing what looks like three barrels I thought you may be right but looking again one barrel is fixed to that bottom rod/tube so could not freely spin. Nor do I see a fuel tank if it is a flamethrower. Now I have no idea what it is. 

• mmmm looks like a GAU-19 Gatling Minigun mixed with a M134 Minigun 🤔

JTAM!!!! Where are you??? 😬

• It looks like the bottom barrel is fixed to the cylinder beneath it, which turns upwards at the tip, and there seems to be a cylindrical protrusion from the bottom. I think it looks like a flamethrower, probably for a new DF kit. It's curious that it would have three barrels on a non-rotary weapon. 

• Mutiple inlet tubes that combine at a nozzle are a thing for welding equipment. One for Oxygen, one for Acetylene, for example. The underneath tube is for the pilot flame.

Welding gas bottles and oxy acetylene cutting torch - gas tank and burner,  welding gear Stock Vector Image & Art - Alamy

• I'd say flamer since it has the standard underslung tube for the pilot flame, although it does look like a tri-barrel above it (for some reason).

My first thought for this was that it fits right in to the previously teased US light infantry https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2836687949983757&set=pb.100009277404708.-2207520000..&type=3 for that colonial marine/starship trooper look.

• The lowest "barrel" could just be structural. 

• Speaking of US light infantry (or maybe near-future faction?), here's this week's sneak peek:

That's a curious mix of stuff!

We've clearly got some sort of modern/near-future military (or militarized police) tactical armor and harness on the left, anyway.

The rest looks interesting as well - nothing that looks obviously like part of any announced set, it looks like we've got at least one scenic/terrain bit of some sort.  The basket of wine and garlic in the middle looks like it would fit in with the sneak-peek from a couple weeks ago of a woman holding a similar armload of goodies, but I'm not closer to guessing exactly what that kit might be now than I was for the last sneak-peek!

That previous sneak-peek:  Wine bottles, brandy(?) kegs, baskets of food and stuff, Tommy guns, body armor, and clotheslines loaded with old boots to shoot at:  kinda sounds like a typical picnic in my part of the country!

"Mood:  Release-y!"

• Updated the US sci-fi light infantry https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3187118144940734&set=pb.100009277404708.-2207520000..&type=3 with the latest two teaser pics.

• @Yronimos Whateley I really like the style of these just class, the washing line is great survivalist back yards, why is the shoe on the sock???

• @Yronimos Whateley I think its a terrian/diorama kit with soild pose nappy campfollowers doing laundry, which I am still wondering why they would bother with when female partisans of the era would work better for what 90% of the people actually wanted when they foolishly kept asking "do the campfollowers WA!" since that request is almost always followed by "so I can convert them for use as silverbayonet warband members!" 🙄(WA should have used Battle Maids in modern tatical gear as the April fools Joke that year🤣).

• @Brian Van De Walker I hope the camp followers are not monopose. 

It is great to see WGA making this set. I think it will sell well but admit I may be wrong. I trust WGA have done their market research.

And I think female sculpts of all eras and settings have the potential to sell well.

• Agreed, Grumpy. The roleplayers and the diorama makers will love them. Plus... there's often a need for bystander or objective markers.

• @Brian Van De Walker I think the clothing styles suggest 19th rather than 20th century, so female partisans are going to be another project. My best guess is Wild West.

WGA may be holding fire on how well other female kits sell (both Cannon Fodder II and those from other manufacturers) before committing there. But a companion kit for the WGA WW2 Partisans should be a solid seller, I'd have thought.

I'm pretty sure now that the Roaring 20's images were just alongside the ladies, not part of them. Gangster kit AND non-gunfighter Wild West women is my opinion.

• @Mark Dewis Bro, I was meaning Female Partsians for the Napolionic wars (not WW2), its not like there were none in real life (or more importantly fiction), and it would have worked way better on the kitbashing/gaming side of things than campfollowers. (do even read my comment all the way through?🤣). 

Likewise, nah, its probably Campfollowers for Nappy diorama making and no there is not that much of a need for that game wise (I can't think of any popular RPGs set in the Napolionic wars, most Wargames for the Napolionic wars don't need more then 20 bystanders so a set is overkill for that and female fashion changed drasticly by the Victorian era so its kind of useless for later and was diffrent before then).

@Grumpy Gnome

in order to cover a decent  number of the poses of actual camp followers along with terrain bits, it would probably have to be at least mostly monoposes with multiple different sprues if done as implied unless they decide to bite the bullet and do open hands (which would save a lot of time, and actually make it a better kit bashing set considering there are not many other female histscale kits out there at the moment).

• There are plenty of games that can use Napoleonic era female civilians. It is not merely a case of diorama making. 

GURPs Age of Napoleon, Silver Bayonet, Shakos and Bayonets, Sharp Practice, Chosen Men..... and that is just off the top of my head.

• I guess there's always room for surprises, but my own instincts would be that a set of armed civilians will always sell better than a set of unarmed non-combatants, and that a civilian set that includes both weapons (even if they're things like pitchforks and torches) and every-day civilian stuff will get the most bang for the development and marketing buck.

So, I'd be surprised to see a camp followers set (for example) with no weapons in it, and I'd be surprised to see a camp followers set for a niche setting that doesn't allow for figures that can be used in settings and genres with a lot of crossover and proxy possibilities, or at least hits some very popular safe-spot - medieval peasants, for example, can fit a broad range of Eurasian settings over a great deal of history, while working well with the evergreen fantasy genre, and also into generic gothic horror (where mobs of armed peasants looking for monsters are a common enough trope!) 

That said, we've very clearly got some screenshots of some figures who are pretty clearly dressed as civilians, doing decidedly non-combatant things (like drinking or serving drinks!)  Would the set include, as I would guess, weapons as well?  Would it be more niche than I might expect (a very obscure historical paramilitary faction, maybe, or civilians from something other than a medieval fantasy-friendly era?)  Those would be some curious surprises!

I think there's a good chance of there being a diorama-friendly "Accoutrements" set of terrain bits depicted in the sneak peeks - stuff found around generic historical camps from e.g. the ancient to Napoleonic eras, perhaps?  The basket and clothes... line... thingy...? would not, I guess, look far out of place in most such situations, along with the usual "battlefield accessory" bits like gabions, wood barrels and rates, and the like.

If some of those civilian previews aren't bootleggers and gangster molls on one hand, and cowgirls on the other, with some battlefield terrain as a separate set, then I'm out of ideas!  :D 

Oh, for those who aren't on the GrayForNowGames mailing list but are interested in WWII figures, one of the latest newsletters had some previews of the upcoming 0200 Hours sets (WWII German guards and British SAS commandos.)  I'm betting we'll be seeing some Wargames Atlantic previews of the sets before long, too!

• New set in the release schedule, "Ooh Rah" for death fields.

Also the latest teaser....https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=3193373347648547&set=a.2400610343591522

• This kit is looking better and better:

"Mood:  Gavotte-y!"

To add to what @John Wilson mentioned about the Release Schedule, looks like the format has been updated, and a lot of new items revealed there!

• There are indeed Napoleonic Camp Followers on the release schedule - those of you who guessed that were right on the nose!
    • Fantasy Treemen!
    • Landsknecht Ogres
    • Trolls
    • Modern Operators (confirmation for those screen shots!)
    • Halfling Cavalry (confirmation that this teaser hasn't been forgotten!)
    • Trojan Chariot
    • Early 20th c. Japanese (confirmation for those screen shots!)
    • Early 20th c. Russians (confirmation for these, as well!)
    • Farm Animals (we knew these were in the pipeline, but now it's official)
    • Several new Death Fields sets:
      • "Ooh Rah!"
      • Raumjager heavy and command
      • Einherjar heavy and command
      • Cannon Fodder heavy and command
      • Grognard Raptor Cavalry!?  (I think this might account for the mystery monster in one of the teasers?)

A new product line is teased:  "Moderns"

Curiously, references to SECRETS and the alternate scale test seem to have been dropped - the secrets no doubt because they have been revealed in the schedule, though I'm sure more are surely upcoming!  (There doesn't seem to be anything in the Release Schedule that could account for the Thompson SMGs, wargs, and/or werewolves(?), so the SECRETS are still in, just not being mentioned (yet) in the schedule....)

• @Yronimos Whateley Thompson SMG would be 1930 Mobsters and G men in the new poll I think.

• @John Wilson Well John, the quallity of that new "Ooh Rah" set is damed amazing, really sorry that we got the retro British "Victorian Si/Fi", whilst our over the pond friends, get the supper delux, firing on all cylinder box, of near perfect Si/Fi. I want them, I`ll get them. but we need an update for our force.😭

• @Geoff Maybury Yeah the Bulldogs weren't great for me, although I'm probably going to pick up a box for the heads and then use the rest for something. Probably post apocalytpic as Canadian royalist forces who only had a vague knowledge of their past....oh, Grognards as Quebecian troops.