Kitbash converted mini question… what do you think this mini represents?

• I love cinema. One of the key elements of cinema is visual storytelling. Just like the soundtrack audibly tells a story (if done well, ie Star Wars, The Good, the Bad & the Ugly, Jaws) costumes and set dressing (if done well) can help tell a story too. This is one reason Bladerunner is a masterpiece.

What does this have with a kitbash converted mini?

I have had a mini idea in mind ever since I saw two parts in two different Warlord Games WW2 kits. The shotgun on a bent arm and the head with soft cap & cigarette. I knew I wanted to create a specific mini and to have that mini be somewhat iconic.

The question is, am I one the right track?

Using bits from 4 different Warlord WW2 kits and some greenstuff I have built this fellow...

What do you think he is supposed to represent? I will give you some hints, WW2 (ish) US Army European theater. What rank, position, unit do you think he is? Some folks (looking at@JTam  ) may think he is a bit too “Hollywood” but I am going for something specific and  think there were real world equivalents based on some folks I knew when I served.

More info on my blog...

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/2022/04/27/what-do-you-think-this-mini-is-supposed-to-be/

So what do you think?

Edit: Anyone know how to edit topic titles?

• I'm going to say resistance fighter.  Guy's having a ciggy and a cup of coffee, but they're more for the nerves at this point than the enjoyment.  He's got that "at ease, but never 'at ease'" look from fighting the occupational forces in his once-quiet home.  "I used to deliver the mail here, now I only deliver death." "I used to sleep soundly at night, now I sleep with one eye open, shotgun in hand, always waiting for the door to be kicked open."

• Not quite where I was going with it.... but I like your thinking@Benjamin Hayward 

• I'm getting a crusty Platoon Sergeant vibe.  Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and anger.

---------

You can edit the title by selecting the lower "Edit"

That being said there is no such option in General chat, and maybe not in modeling either.  (I don't know, I haven't started a thread in modeling.)

• Strange, when I hit edt before it let me change the text in the body but not the title... hence being able to write my edit question. Now it let me change the title when I hit edit. Odd. 

I was aiming more for First Sergeant than Platoon Sergeant but at least that is better than the Supply Sergeant vibe I was concerned folks might see. Although Crapshoot in Kelly’s Heroes was an entertaining character. 

• @Grumpy Gnome 

I should have said crusty Senior NCO.   He also reminds me of this one OPS Sergeant Major I knew that would stand at the back of the CP every meeting chain drinking coffee out of Dixie cups and glaring at everyone.

If you hit the the three dots circled in red you will only be able to edit the body.  If you hit the "Edit" circled in blue you can edit titles and polls.

• Yeah originally I was aiming for a Sergeant Major but was surprised to find the rank did not exist in the 40’s.

So I guess he will be “Top”, ie an Infantry Company First Sergeant. 

Old before his time, TOC/CP based, occasionally hop in a Jeep to bring beans, bullets and bandages to the troops, fueled by caffeine, nicotine & hate. 

As for the editing, yup that explains it. I have become my Father when it comes to technology.

• 'S Bill Savage, innit Guv'nor?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Savage

Well... aside from the cap...

Also shades of Jim Malone (the late Sir Sean Connery):

Sean Connery's Brown Corduroy Jacket in The Untouchables » BAMF Style

• The Warlord Marine head I used with the cap painted in a civilian clothing color may well kitbash nicely with a WGA French Partisan body.

• @Grumpy Gnome 

Don't know why.. but every single time I am watching at your mini, "Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner" is crossing my mind, even if your model is using a pump shotgun... 

• He does look like a Roland.

I have to admit I did not understand your reference so had to google it. It surprised me to learn about a famous musician I was unaware of. Cool song. Rather appropriate given Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner is likely in Ukraine right now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIC4j6Rn9s4

• @Grumpy Gnome 

I was almost sure you did know that song... 

Here a very good review about Zevon's life of excesses, failures and successes

• A hard-bitten veteran pulled out of retirement. He's going to leave a trail of dead and spilled coffee.

Also, that is a freaking awesome conversion!

• Cheers!

One reason I went with the Trench Gun was that I saw this guy having been to Europe before, as a young Private in 1918... and a Trench Gun served him well back then.