Eisenkern old and New

• I recently wrote up and posted a review to my blog. Give it a read, and let me know what you think. You can view it here.

• @Grumpy Gnome Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it. I can see your point on the bases. I prefer getting bases with my models. I have the printer, so I can make some myself, but not everyone has that option.

• @Grumpy Gnome @Battle Specter 

I'm fine with supplying my own bases... But the box does feel a bit "light" compared to other Wargames Atlantic boxes.  Wish there was another sprue in there.  

Good review.  Nice to see the comparison.  Thanks for sharing it.

• I prefer the larger models.  Miniatures creeping towards 32mm versus 28mm are easier to assemble, easier to paint, and just look better.  YMMV.

I remember painting some Warlord Japanese and USMC (converted to Army) immediately after painting some GW Traitor Guard.  "What the F is this micro sh*t"?  "I'm getting eye strain".

• @Battle Specter @JTam I think that the post is a  real top notch description of old and new both of which have there merits though I `m new all the way on transperant bases, I know your "MK One Eyball" pain my friends, pitty this 68 year old with his "Lens cap"  and multi lights. I`m thinking I may use the old as "Robots" with an head change.  

• @Grumpy Gnome Cheers, I just figure with a Head change, every thing else will fall in line, and in real life, people like humanised robots that are not much taller than them. Clic had the new Boston Dynamics "Human Robot"  on TV this morning, he did a back flip then a fist pump. Eileen and myself laughed and laughed magic.

• @Geoff Maybury I got PRK two years ago, and I noticed that my near vision slipped a touch. No big deal- we're talking within a few inches of my face and I can't really focus. At regular distances, things are fine. I can't complain.

As to the scale creep, I don't mind that they go smaller, I just think that when you go smaller, some details are bound to get lost and there is really nothing you can do about it. This is where the pouches really suffer, and to a lesser extent the Jager masks. There are really cool details that are hard to make stand out on them. Not the end of the world, but still an issue in my mind.

I do like the idea of robot soldiers. I feel we're headed that direction in real life which... Well... I've seen how that plays out in storys. likely as not we'll see much the same in real life at some point. Pitty the fools who have to battle Toasters as they do in BSG.

• I can't paint with my glasses on any more. There's no clear focus at any reasonable distance, so it's off with the specs and doing all that holding everything close to my face.

As far as Eisenkern go... I picked up a box back in the WGF days to use for general armoured spacesuit projects but never got around to picking up the Panzerjaeger until WGA did theirs. So mine are big boys and regular gals.

• As a 40k guy, I'm used to a little size difference, even within armies, so I'm not bothered. Picked up an Eisenkern command squad for my Company command structure and figured it will just make it more obvious whom is whom, and at that scale its SO hard to even notice.