Praetorian Guard (In anticipation of Bulldog's release)

• So while I wait for the Infantry to be released I have been working on Vehicles to go with them.

Top picture is the next project. These will be to replace sentinels. The are obviously based on the Rolls Royce armored car. Again a free STL that I have been modifying to fit what I want. 

Bottom picture is the tanks. These still need dirt, mud, dust and rust. Also some unit markings. But they are a good start. They are 3d printed. The files started as a 15mm Churchill tank STL. I did a whole bunch of work to make them more what I envisioned. The Churchill will end up as an AVRE with Demolisher, Plow and Tow equipment. The BP will be my standard battle tank. 

I will make STLs available for free publicly once I am happy with them.

• Both look great.  Really like the sci-fi Churchill. The AVRE "Demolisher" is genius.

Are you going to paint degree markings around the turret?  

• How big is the armored car? if its replacing sentinels it should be rather compact, no?

Did you design it for resin or FDM?

• Oops.  Reference the turret degree markings: I thought they were on AVREs, but they were actually on Centaurs with 95mm howitzers.

• Oops.  Reference the turret degree markings: I thought they were on AVREs, but they were actually on Centaurs with 95mm howitzers.

I may do it anyway. It is an interesting look. I have never seen them before. 

How big is the armored car? if its replacing sentinels it should be rather compact, no?

Did you design it for resin or FDM?

It will be bigger than a Sentinel in LxW. About the size of an Ork Buggy or Genestealer Ridgerunner. I am not too worried about Tourney legal, and my friends are relaxed about such things as long as it isn't ridiculous. I am going to print them in Resin. I see no reason they could not be printed in FDM however. I'll be doing a test print Thursday night, so might have one to show Friday. 

• @Ian Jewett what program do you use?

• I am pretty much a newbie at this. But I am using Blender. 

• @Ian Jewett 

Maybe the Daimler Dingo could be used as a Sentinel prox as well..... 

It's actual wartime role was the same as a Sentinels. It's fairly small and open topped much like a Sentinal. It mounted a Bren gun or Antitank Rifle in the front plate which could be a multilaser or lascannon on its sci-fi counterpart. 

• I actually thought about the Dingo. But decided the Rolls Royce AC was more to my liking. I may do a few in the future anyway. New pictures this evening. 

• @Ian Jewett 

Looking forward to the pics!

• @JTam  

• Despite life's interruptions work continues. Sister for scale.

• @Ian Jewett 

Fantastic.  The finished Army is going to be something to see.  The vehicle park already is!

• @Ian Jewett 

A Guard and Sister player?  You are a man of taste.

• Next Up, some Hellhounds. Err Comethounds? 

• @Ian Jewett 

That looks really good!

Are you going to do a Chimera equivalent at any point?  Will it be a "Comera" or will you use a different chassis?

• I have not decided what to use for a Chimera equivilent. It will probably not be based on the Comet though. 

• Saracen maybe? Although those straight up look like Taurox. 

• @Ian Jewett 

The Saracen doesn't look like a Taurox, as a Saracen doesn't look like:

• For a Chimera:

What about a MK IV with the sponsons deleted, a Chimera turret on top, and the front prow opening like a Land Raider's ramp?  Alternately, a MK IV with the left sponson being the multilaser and the right sponson being the heavy bolter.  (Similar to the MK IV Hermaphrodite).

• Alright. Very quick mock ups of Mark IV APC, and Matilda APC. 

• Yes it was a terrible STL of the Mark IV. But both would need some work to be printable and look decent.

• @Ian Jewett 

Wow!  That's cool.

That Matilda has a lot of promise.  It has the archaic look we know and love in Guard armor, and the raised rear hull looks perfect for projecting Lasguns.