Female Cannon Fodder Heads

•  

• I plan on using Heads 85, 84, 83, 82, 81, 78, and 79 for the actual Cannon fodder girls. They will be convicts. Heads 3, 76, 35, 75, 74a, 73 and 72 will be used for fantasy conversions. 

That leaves 32, 4, 69, 68, 21, 2, 34, 21, 65, 66, 67, 21, 61, 60, 59, 57, 62, 70, and 72 as extras. 

What are you guys planning to use the heads for? Or which heads are you using for your cannon fodder?

• The ones with hair are most useful for me. But the bald heads are good as bases - a bit of quick putty work and they have coiffures. Collars can be trimmed if needs be. 21 is a unisex head.

I can find use for all of them. 

• @Mark Dewis its interesting that they include 6 of head 21 for 5 bodies. I understand that you can use them with the regular cannon fodder but I would have rather had another unhelmeted head. Still you do get a ton of heads so it's a small complaint. Can't wait to preorder these. 

Edit: I have never tried to green-stuff actual hair. I may have to try that. I wonder if I could green stuff a conquistador helmet? Guess we'll see.

• @William Redford 
    There are 6 bodies for female cannon fodder according to this:

Making hair out of green stuff can be easy or complicated depending on the intended result.

It is hard to photograph that sort of stuff, but something that can be done easily is wavy haird:

The Blackstone Fortress character was bald so I had to do something about it, as the character that the model was supposed to represent wasn't bald.

• @GreenScorpion look at that... I guess I missed the kneeling one. So 6 bodies to a frame. I guess 4 frames in the box? So 4 of each head except #21 which we get 24 of. Nice. 

• @William Redford 
    Given that the male box is 6 sprues with 5 bodies for a total of 30 miniatures, my guess is that females would be 5 sprues of 6 bodies which would also be 30. Otherwise I would be very unhappy about the inequality between the male and female boxes 😄

• @GreenScorpion here's hoping then. :) 5 pony tail heads would be nice. I am envisioning a Frostgrave warband where all the soldiers and the knight have that head. 

• Hair is pretty easy. Mostly just a thin blob of putty shaped over the skull, then a few lines scored in with a knife. Trim it.

Shorter styles are much easier - if you want big hair you're usually best to do it in layers (rough bulk, then detail... letting it cure before moving on to upper layers).

But there's also bandannas, caps and so forth. Also turbans and ninja hoods!

The female sprue seems to be much better laid out, I have to say. More heads (LOTS more heads), more arms.

• Looking good! 

• Besides hair, I'm sure there's people out there with the talent to turn the bald heads into various legally protected sci-fi "aliens" that are just humans in make-up.