The 655th Venom Hounds

• What do you get when you mix a box of grognards , WW1 french , cannon fodder and a lot of free time ?  

THE FIRST WAVE !  GLORY TO THE FIRST MAN TO DIE !

• Nice work - I love the green uniforms, the palette of colours work together really nicely here, and the kitbashing looks great!

I'm getting a really grimy post-apocaluyptic vibe from these guys - like maybe the lurk in deep underground bunkers between asteroid bombardments, and creep out into the craters and trenches to repel the inevitable ground invasions.  Maybe a bit "primitive" by the invaders' standards, especially after being driven into a scavenger economy by the early bombardments, but they're tenacious and don't give up easily - nobody expected them to hold out this long, or to have repelled so many ground assaults!

At least, that's what I imagine - I'm sure they've got their own backstory! :)

Great work! 

• @rowbot gorrillaman 

These guys look great.  Thanks for sharing them.  Must have been a lot of work but it paid off.

@Yronimos Whateley 

I think you just partially described the Death Korps of Krieg.  Both their origin and method of war.  That's not a bad thing.

The Death Korps of Krieg is one of the coolest regiments GWs ever done.  

• They do look like Trench Fighters.

A source of possible inspiration is Dan Abnett's "Straight Silver".

Abnett is a superlative writer and the entire Gaunt's series is first rate.  Straight Silver synopsis:  Gaunt and friends land on a planet in an attempt to aid the ground down, low tech Imperial loyalist forces that have held the line against the great enemy for decades in grinding, attritional, warfare.  Can the newly arrived Guard regiment turn the tide?  Hilarity ensues.