"A New Range"? (Interwar?)

• As the news on the front page says there's a new range coming, and this Thompson wielding gangster is the first. Seems like it's either Interwar, general "Pulp" (allowing more bombastic, fictionalized depictions that might run into adjacent range's time periods), or figures that draw heavily from fiction while narrowly avoiding copyright and trademark infringement (but that is more often seen with new, small companies). Assuming it's of the first two, what do you hope to see? The obvious things are prohibtion gangsters vs. G-Men, and Spanish Civil War. Any others?

• More forces for back of beyond and AVBCW, maybe. Chinese Warlord troops, White/ Red Russian Cossack Cavalry, Interwar artillery.

Also, some pulp adventurers, some cultists, maybe polar, or jungle explorers. 

• Maybe it's going to be a range of solitary characters rather than kits. Something like the reaper bones and Wizkids d&d miniatures? Something that's more of a packaging initiative rather than a time period? You could add in the Orcleaver, Grognard Sergeant, and Irish Chieftain in to give the line a start. 

• My guess is Pulp or Roaring 20's

• Sorry guys.... but we don't need more ranges at the moment, but rather the boxes that have been planned for months, such as the Valkyrs, should finally come onto the market...

You can also get too bogged down, as you can see all too clearly with many companies... empty the pipeline before you start something new...

Who should buy these many boxes? To many timelines... only my 2ct...

• @Frank Reischmann it's almost certain that any new ranges are a long way off in plastic - announcing a new range barely affects anything. The plastic pipeline isn't affected by this directly. WGA have released FOURTEEN plastic kits this year, but it takes a variable amount of time to go from concept through sculpting, checking, revision, layout, tests, more revisions (that's why you test) through to production, boxing and shipping. Some kits have taken longer to ship than it took between anouncement and production; there are bottlenecks everywhere.

On top of that... the concept of "ranges" as WGA define them are a bit arbritary. If a "new" range was announced to cover the interwar period you could use most of the actual models in it for WW2 anyway. Likewise aparrently we are getting Spartacus' Revolt for the January digital theme - which is centuries earlier than "Rise and Fall" and centuries later than "First Empires" (i.e. c.70 BCE, during the Roman Republic). 

If you're saying "please don't do extra kits until you've finished boxing all the older ones"... well, that's not how pipelines and production lines work.

Finally, third party contracts (such as Iron Core) may not be entirely under WGA's control. They're often NOT doing the sculpting, and definitely not approving the final parts themselves, so it wouldn't surprise me if that affects the speed of production. 02 Hundred seems to have gone through very quickly, while Iron Core seems to take forever. My guess is 02 Hundred was effectively handed to WGA ready to test, while there has been a lot of back and forth on every stage of Iron Core. But I could be wrong.