First WW2 Plastic Set: Partisans
Announcing a new historical range coming in 2020:
Kicking off this range will be Partisans, specifically French Resistance. The brave Resistance movement of occupied France fought the Nazis in every way they could, gradually becoming more organized and more effective as the war dragged on. Now you'll be able to model them in hard plastic and add them to your World War 2 battles!
This will be an extremely versatile kit. And there will be optional parts to allow you to use the set for other theaters and some previous conflicts (real and imagined) if you are so inclined.
We will have more to show as we get closer to the pre-order date but in the meantime check out Matthew Leahy's work on the prototype models. This set is in tooling and there is no official release date yet.
Also, we have a lot going on all at once with a variety of ranges and it can be confusing (even for us!). Here's a rundown of what's in the works:
- Giant Spiders and Einherjar (along with Grognard restocks) will be in UK and US warehouses in the next couple weeks
- Eisenkern plastic tooling wraps in the coming week for a December release
- Grognard Command and Heavy Support plastic is finalized and preparing for production (we're just waiting on the final artwork and box design) also for a December release
- These Partisans and another historical set are in tooling
- Lizardmen and a third historical set will be in tooling as soon as the sprue layouts are finalized.
- Eisenkern Panzerjägers are prepping for tooling
- WW1 French will be previewed soon
- Boxers, Spanish Napoleonics, "Space British", Afghan cavalry and another cavalry set, along with Goblins are all in various stages of layout or waiting for tweaks but are all on their way
- Aztecs and Conquistadors are still in process
- Five other sets are sculpted or mostly complete for sculpture and in the queue for early 2021
- Concept artists are working on three new sci-fi and fantasy sets
There's quite a bit going on here at Wargames Atlantic and our goal is to both introduce new ranges and continue to add to the existing ones so that over time we build comprehensive, substantial ranges.
Classic Fantasy will see several more sets and Death Fields will gain new factions over the next few months. We will also be expanding on what we have in those ranges already (as we are doing with adding Command and Heavy Support to the Grognards - hint halflings, skeletons, Raumjäger, hint, hint).
First Empires has two new sets on the way. Blood Oaths has two in the works. Imperial Conquests is gaining several additions. The Great War range will continue to expand after the French. The third set for the Wars of Napoleon is being planned. And we're also excited to have more in the works for World Ablaze! And yes, we have at least one more historical range about to launch that we will show off this month.
In short: Can't stop, won't stop. Thanks for joining us on this plastic journey!