Grand scale Great War


  • I was browsing the ranges on here and I love the look of the Great War miniatures, but I can't help thinking (due to the sheer magnitude of the war) that they would work better in a grand battle scale. This would also open opportunities for adding tank squadrons, armoured cars and planes, as well as expanding on the different infantry types and possibly adding cavalry. Thoughts?



  • On one hand, that would be very very cool. On the other hand, I do feel like most people think trench fighting when they think of WW1, which ports best to individual bases. Additionally, with the recent popularity of trench crusade, it might be seen as leaving money on the table to make it such a different scale. However, putting the entire somme on one table would be extremely fun, so I for one would be all for it. 


  • @timbus the thirteenth Actually not as bad an idea as you think even with trench warfare, plus there is Africa.

     


  • @Brian Van De Walker fair enough, i just find it hard to imagine the close quarters combat of ww2 being nearly as satsfying without individual bases. that said, accurate artillery ranges and airplanes would be very, very silly, and justify their inclusion quite a bit. i believe there's other companies making 15mm tanks, so there could be an opportunity there as well.


Please login to reply to this topic!