Landing Zone- Say Hello!

• Hey Folks!

I usually hang out over on Facebook at Wargames Atlantic Legion, where I'll usually be doodling hypothetical kit ideas. Jumping over here to get in on the discussion. I'll be setting up a blog at some point to chronicle my adventures in WGA and other stuff... when I can find a camera that isn't a potato, that is...

• Howdy!

My name is Philip, I got into the hobby 12 years ago when I found a copy of white dwarf in a middle school classroom, from there I got into 40k, and d&d. Shortly after starting d&d the Dark Heresy game was released & I spent a few years focusing on that. I stepped away from the hobby for a while, thinking I wasn't a good painter, and I stopped enjoying everything except the converting process.

With the pandemic I got back into the modelling side of the hobby, and started painting my existing minis.

I first learned about Wargames Atlantic last year, in conjunction with my discovery of games like Stargrave, frostgrave. I didn't ever end up buying anything, but popped back in once in a while to see what the company was producing, just out of curiosity.

I finally had reason to buy some models with a project to build 2 converted armies using entirely proxies that stull evoked the feel of the originals!

I'm excited to see what else Wargames Atlantic makes & see how strong my resolve is not to buy a whole bunch more models!

• Hi everyone,

I like games. I will play anything. The group I play with does historical wargamming of all periods. My first miniatures game was 40K 2nd edition in the mid-90s but I played D&D and MERP and hex grid historical games before that. I have about 6000 points of Imperial Guard - mostly Mordians. 

These days I paint mostly 28mm historicals. I have done Sea Peoples\Hittites, Han Dynasty Chinese, Xiongnu, Late Medieval Swiss, Burgundian Ordonance, Italian Condotta and WWI. I also love to do 1\72 scale WWI airplanes for a game called Canvas Eagles.

Anyone in the Toronto area is welcome to PM me if you want to play sometime.

• All Hail Lucifer!

• Hello all

just a painter of miniaturers who sometimes also gets to play games with them.

• Hello, I am currently working on a fantasy force for Warlords of Erehwohn. IM using the Conquistador models. 

• Hello!

Been trolling the forum without an account for awhile, but I plan on starting some Eisenkern projects this year and figured I would post them here when I do. :) I'm mainly a 40k hobbyist (Death Guard), but naturally I build and paint more than I get to play.

• Hello! 

Been painting single figures as a hobby, mostly because I just don't have the patience to do a full army. Really been enjoying seeing people's work here!

• Hi all, 

Been in the wargaming hobby since childhood with my dad and brother. Favourite part of the hobby for me is conversions and kitbashing for various skirmish games, and the wga kits have been perfect for this, as well as getting enough models to finish off army projects for things like kings of war I've had on the back burner for far too long. 

• Hello! New to the forum and very happy to be here.

My store in Malaysia has been carrying Wargames Atlantic on our shelves for a few years now but we have just recently started carrying a wider selection direct from Wargames Atlantic

Looking forward to adding to the forum.

• Hello! Just joined and looking forward to mooching around here.

• Hello there!

I have *just* made my account in a break from work, so I'll be keep my introductions brief. I have been playing miniature games for... well, around 15/16 years now (with year-long pauses in there), and I have rekindled my love recently, in part due to the excellent halfling miniature set that I am working on right now!

Updates will follow (in a different thread)!

• got caught up playing rangers of shadowdeep, sucked me back into the hobby

• Ello guy and gals. Long time Wargamer (nearly 30 years) with quite a few different systems under my belt. Fallen out of love with 40k in the past few years but have played quite a few miniature agnostic game, OPR being one of my favourites. I have a big soft spot for sci-fi games and the Death Fields range really tickle my pickle.

• 2 / 2