WGA Ranges in other Scales

• There was a discussion (with a poll) some time ago on FB about ranges by Wargames Atlantic done in different Scales. Let's use this Thread to talk about this topic.

A Range of WW2 and Cold War themed miniatures in 10mm (or 15mm) would be nice in my oppinion.

What would you like to see, 6mm, 10mm, 15mm?

• Tbh its not as easy to rescale your product lines. i also think theere there are alot of companies doing 15mm already. 10mm and 6mm are super niche and dont need much in the way of detail products.

• 10mm WW2 Miniatures in plastic do not exist but knowing parts of the 10mm Cummunity, many would like to see platic tanks.

As example:

Panzer IV Ausf. F2 to J Set (5 Tanks per Sprue):

5x Panzer IV Lower Hull

5x Panzer IV Upper Hull

5x Panzer IV Turrets

5x Panzer IV Turrets with Skirts

5x Panzer IV Hull Side Skirts

(another Set could include the Variants D to F1)

M4A1 Sherman Set (5 Tanks per Sprue):

5x M4A1 lower Hull

5x M4A1 upper Hull

5x M4A1 upper Hull (with Sand Guards)

5x M4A1(76)W upper Hull

5x M4A1 Early (3-part) Transmission

5x M4A1 Late (1-piece) Transmisson

5x M4A1 75mm Turret

5x M4A1(76)W 76mm Turret

• @Steffen Seitter Okay? but WGA doesnt make tanks. so thats not "rescale your product lines." thats "make new products for my really niche scale". Im sorry but mirco scales are already pretty well taken care of by there metal and resin options. you  cant really push alot more detail out of those scales 

• The release schedule lists "Alternate Scale Test"...

https://wargamesatlantic.com/pages/release-schedule

Hm... let's speculate what this could be...

• The "Alternate Scale Test" disappeared from the schedule since some time.

Seems like WGA canceled any work on different scales?

• The obvious one with a big market is 15mm WW2. But it's also a pretty competitive one. 

Sometimes test projects do prove that the idea isn't ready yet.

• I have always loved skirmish gaming with 54mm / 1:32 scale minis, mostly scratchbuilt using toy soldiers etc. My dream would be a multi-part kit of something like Cannon Fodder or Raumjager in this scale. That would be brilliant for making dedicated figures plus as a kit-bashing source.

• I love 6mm scale, but I've never seen it in plastic. I imagine it would be difficult to pull off, but I would love to see someone give it a shot

• A 15mm antiquity range in Hard Plastic would be nice.  I doubt 6mm would work in Hard Plastic.

• Open question...

Honestly, do you really think it's useful and wise to complicate the scale system even further ?

It's bad enough to have to juggle between 3 or 4 scales of vehicles, or to compare miniatures nominally at the same scale (28mm) and see, in the end, that they do't match. I would rather be for a standartization.

• @Pierre Lerdou-Udoy 

6mm, 15mm, 20mm, and 28-32mm are all fairly mainstream scales with their unique pros and cons.  Producing miniatures in those scales (and a few others) offers no further complications.

Now, Victrix coming out with 12m WW2 recently does seem like a semi-needless complication as you said.

• @Red Bee  GW's old warmaster and Epic lines were a nominal 10mm, which may fit with 6mm depending on manufacturer. At the very least, Warmaster humans might proxy as 6mm Ogres and so forth, but that doesn't help historical use much.

Perry miniature's Travel Battle set (Napoleonic-ish) is 8mm.

• @Mark Dewis 

I thought the Epic 40k minis were 6mm and Warmaster minis 10mm?

• Right; Epic was 6mm and WM 10mm.

• @Steffen Seitter 

What I like about the 10mm Warmaster minis is that your 15mm terrain largely still works.  That's just a bigger building instead of a complete hovel.  

• Okay. I assumed they were the same scale - never collected either. Thanks for the correction on Epic.