I hope WA is ready with Einhenjar reprints

• @Steven StGeorges 

I probably will be kicking myself later for not getting the giant Heresy box set.  I could flip it in a year for good profit if nothing else.  

I might have to steal the old school not Land Raider though.

I do want a couple of the Heresy style missile launchers for my ancient Rogue Trader Guard.

• @JTam 

Still have a couple of RT inbox and about 5 RT Rhinos unpainted so pretty good savings when compared to current pricetag for both kits. 

Space Marines sets will include enough stuff to build 2 tactical units .. but almost 100$can for a box is a joke. 

• @Steven StGeorges 

I agree, GW prices are insane.  It's only the BIG box sets where the price per mini approaches anything like sanity.

You have original unpainted Rogue Trader era Rhinos?  Those are worth a pretty penny these days.

• @Steven StGeorges 

The Hearthguard are here:

He must work out....

• @JTam 

... and both kind of vehicles are coming with original boxes... so MKII an MKI -so Deimos pattern according to FW terminology 😉... 

So instead of 555$CAN, I should pay 360$CAN (taxes and p/p not included) for the box set of HH:AoD that is accordingly to spikeybits and co. a fair deal.. even the best deal GW is able to offer (sigh) since box is including:

• a LandRa... sorry a Spartan Assault Tank
    • a Contemplator Dreadnought
    • a couple of Praetores (monopose models...)
    • 40 MKVI-Beakies (multipose models.. at least a good news but with half a transfer sheet, for both Lunar Wolves and Imperial Fists)
    • 10 Cataphractii Terminators (monopose as usual)

So no Deimos pattern Rhinos -or RT Rhino-... please add 50$CAN a model, no Devas.. sorry Heavy Support upgrade... please add another 50$CAN for a selection of heavy weapons. And I do not even talk about the Krathos Heavy -another Deimos-named vehicle, for bout 120$Can a box-.. just a remake of the previous Sicaran Support Heavy with more guns... 

Take a look at HH Collection set, including the current starter set + Rulebook, Factionbook , Krathos, Rhino... about 760$CAN, taxes and p/p not included.

New versions of the Vindicator, the Preadator should be available before next September -about 69$CAN each- .. then a box including a MKVI squad with a Rhino for 89$CAN.. another 10 MK? marines box for 56$CAN (so technically the way FW sold them a couple of year ago)... and still a LOT more to come... 😬

The new Hearthguard is NOT really my cup of tea... too bulky. Models are lovely but too modern-day W40K but I do like the swordarm anyway

• @JTam 

Oh and while checking pricetags on GW site, I read a note about the fact all Xenos are excluded from the HH:AoD setting.. while I do clearly remember articles and dispatches from auld WDs talking about Eldars fighting alongside Loyalist ranks against Horus & Co., same for Squats alongside IG or Orks (the good auld days of Ork Raiders parties) taking advantage of an weakened Imperium of Man... a pity, since if GW is rebooting the main event of the history of WH40K, rebooting IG -I think Auxiliaries are going to be repacks of previous gorgeous (but so expensive) FW Solar Auxilia forces... and maybe other old IG models (will the 8th Necromunda be back too?), rebooting Eldars, Squats/Leaguers and Orks (recycling old models and previous content for RTBs) could have been quite a good addition to the mix. Some clever players are for sure going to use Leaguers during HH games since their technology is predating the Heresy...  

As a matter of facts I do expect GW to release repacks of previous FW ranges so modern-day reboot of previous RT models (just check for the lovely but so oldschool Master of the Signal for instance), Rapier Destroyer or the LandSpeeder (but still no MoleMortar by the way)....or my all-time favourites the Mechanium Tech-Thrall Covenant and the MKIV Destroyer Squad: with their lovely rad-missile launcher, phosphex bombs and dual bolterpistols... coming on foot or with a MKII jumpacks (waitamin were not flypacks supposed to exist during the RT HH, right?)

I am quite sure before Christmas, my regular 2nd/3rd hand providers are going to be weighted down under a lot of HH unfinished model sets.😅

• The Leagues are getting a troop transport/IFV:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/07/18/put-pedal-to-the-metal-aboard-the-rugged-leagues-of-votann-sagitaur-atv/

And there's cyborg close combat troops:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/08/01/the-leagues-of-votann-let-loose-the-augmented-fury-of-the-cthonian-berserks/

(Warhammer Fantasy Battle Slayer equivalents?  Miner equivalents?  Slayer Miner equivalents?)

Feeling kind of meh on the transport.

Not sure about the berserker miners either.  But if you've ever wanted to game a dwarf fisting someone to death on the tabletop I guess you can now.

• @JTam 

Quote:"But if you've ever wanted to game a dwarf fisting someone to death on the tabletop I guess you can now." 

I knew you were quite a diehard fan of Fisto from Masters of the Universe's fame.. 😇

The transport is ... so strange, closer to Fisherprice products than GW to my mind thanks to crew and mounted Hvy Weapons while the aesthetics are close to 70s visual standards.

And the Cthonian miners/berserkers -please note the use of Cthonian- are reminding me of Macrocosme miner range. Adding such Slayers could be useful for Necromunda and/or Kill Team, I do not understand how they are going to work on a W40k battlefield..

Clearly not into the Leagues stuff... hope Necromunda Squats are going to have some new releases before Xmas.

• @Steven StGeorges 

You're right that they would have worked great in Necromunda.  

In 40K they are roughly comparable to Ork Boyz all armed with big choppers.

Can you dismount a vehicle and charge in this edition?

I would assume their best use would be to roll up in a transport, jump out, and start fisting everything in sight.

Sidenote:  US Army forward observers are called FiSTers.  (From Fires Support Team).  They are attached/detached to Infantry companies and platoons much like medics.  Their name creates endless hilarity.  Their symbol makes it even better.

• @JTam 

Quote:"In 40K they are roughly comparable to Ork Boyz all armed with big choppers.

Can you dismount a vehicle and charge in this edition?

I would assume their best use would be to roll up in a transport, jump out, and start fisting everything in sight."

That's why I do really miss W40K IG close combat squad -with or without jump packs. Back to the days such units were quite funny and funky; CC Squat squads were quite atrocious back then, especially if one clever player added an Engineer and a Rhino to his list. 

Cthonian Berserker miners are to my mind another way to reconnect with the Squat armylist of Auld -and old players.

Sincerly I do not read current W40K rulebook and erratas.. but as far as I remember vehicles are just moving targets with a very limited lifespan on a tabletop, so cramming a transport with a full squad of Berserker miners is not a brilliant idea... till the next errata.

@Grumpy Gnome 

"Greetings! Fisto is programmed to please ... Please assume the position." 😆

• @Grumpy Gnome @Steven StGeorges 

LOL.

• @Steven StGeorges 

Do you remember those little blue Games Workship pamphlets for different 40K armies back in the late 80s, early 90s?  If I remember correctly they were a trifold, with some pictures of faction miniatures and a short fluff story.  As I recollect the Imperial Guard one had a story where chainsword and laspistol welding jump pack Infantry show up.  

There were green pamphlets for the Warhammer Fantasy Battle too.....

EDIT - These guys! 

• I actually like that League vehicle. Not the weapons so much but even the color scheme looks good to me.

• @JTam 

I do my friend: IG Jump pack CC squads were so.. funny when compared to nowadays' army lists. Back then, Squat players were able to line up some Clan warriors equipped with chainaxes/powerfists and bolter pistols but no JP option, no even copters support since the rule for such vehicle disappeared in smoke... instead they had access to a vast array of hand grenades (joy)

Saint Paul Bonner depiction of IG jump CC squad.

And another example from Saint Pete Knifton.. but with Fly Packs!!!!

Back to the days, SM were supposed to perform -like Starship Troopers in the novel- small jumps thanks to their backpacks (so the jump packs Bonner used in his depiction), but fly packs were also common back to RT/1.5 and a bit of 2nd ed, less common and only used by paratroopers (like the Elysian years later). Human flypacks were based on (stolen) Eldar Corsair technology with an awesome hoovering capability (also known as "Death from Above" tactic) for IG units, SM were able to do bigger jumps instead thanks to a physiological limitation (SM were weighty while IG were similar to Eldars). 

[edit]Please note the quite annoyed faces of Orks while facing Jumptroopers... "No note dos damn' humie flyin' chik'n"[/edit]

@Grumpy Gnome 

Indeed.. the Sagitaur ATV is a lovely vehicle quite close of 70s/80s visual standards (without mounted Hvy weapons). So far, I do really enjoy most of revealed League motorpool thanks to her almost realistic aesthethics -read close to what I do like to depict futuristic vehicles, like 2001, Cosmos 1999, UFO, Moonbase 3 to name a few.

• @JTam 

Indeed .. quite lovely mobile infantery heavy support.

But since Necromunda Ironhead Squat prospectors do share the same technology -even if less sophisticated and "gundamesque"- with the Leagues, we could expect more models and maybe vehicles for our "little friends". Should we expect "conversion kits" to reflect it? 

I do like the Ironhead Squats since they are more in tune with low profile games -read Kill team, Necromunda, Stargarve and OPR equivalents- than W40K or Apocalypse more the home turf of the Leagues.

• Well that didn't take long:

Found on AliExpress....

• @JTam 

They were even available before that on .. etsy my good friend 🧐

• 3 / 3