"Bulldogs in the Desert" WIP On a new mini diorama, featuring Wargames Atlantic kitbashed infantry " Bulldogs in the Desert" GW Tank...sorry (no tanks produced by WA at the moment...please please produce some soon:) Things to do: - Base to be removed from rifleman. - 2 more figures to be added... the key to the story - Extra work on palm trees and groundwork. - Helmet to be painted on top of tank stowage - Flag to be added (either standing on a flag pole or draped over tank Stowage)?? - Not sure front or back position for the tank??. What do you think? .....watch this space!!
@JTam Many thanks for the flag link. I will have to get some more colour toner for the printer.LOL. It looks like an excellent Forum...very friendly. Looking forward to contributing to the great models and painting of the member's work in here.
@Barry Evans ah, they're printed in England. I thought they were printed in the US. Which means... I may be paying for some extra shipping... would like some Murican flags.
In any case, shouldn't be too hard a job to cut stencils or use masking tape and paint the design onto cloth. Or draw the lines, soak it in thinned out PVA and drape it on the tank how you want, using cling wrap to protect the actual tank and make it easy to remove. When it's dried, take it off the tank and paint it up.
@Barry Evans Could always go two flags "Jolly Roger " on radio ariel, and "Union Jack on the rear decking, partly over the storage, or over the jerry cans, ammo,etc. Fantastic work well painted and based.
@Alessio De Carolis ...Thanks very much for the feedback. That's an idea I'm also looking into at the moment or use (Arab) figures for another diorama that I have been thinking of!!
@Barry Evans I absolutely like even more these Pit-helmeted blokes the more I see them. And the basing and structure of your diorama are just superb!
Have you thought of submitting them (mayhaps minus tank) to the Sci-Fi spring painting contest? I am pretty sure you would likely win, and WA has promised a nice featurette to showcase the winners. Nevermind a possible tutorial on your thought process, should you win and feel like it! :-)
Since posted entries can always be edited, you can always submit something simple you have on your picture folder, or even as-is, and then think about diorama composition or some other fancy photography bells-and-whistles later, if you feel it warrants it - a neat trick I (and others) used last time! ;-)