The Silver Bayonet projects

• Currently my Daughter is super pumped about Halloween and makes me make her Halloween critters in Playdoh.  

Maybe I should just make all the Silver Bayonet creatures out of Playdoh, LOL.

• Start of a Russian warband:

Eureka made Cossacks.

Nice miniatures.

A touch stockier than their (Eureka) Grenzers.

• Spanish Warband for "Silver Bayonet":

L to R:

Officer (crappier stats in exchange for 105 buying power), Priest, 5 x Irregulars, 1 x counts as Infantryman (the monk with musket) for a total of 105 points.

Officer is Spanish General from Brigade Games.  I think he does a fair job of representing a not so capable Officer who non the less has more influence/coin than most.

Priest and the Monk are from the Brigade Games Spanish Rebels Command Set.

Alexa and Amarna Tomas, partisan Sisters, are from Black Pyramid (the black primed mini) and Brigade Games (mini with musket).

The other Irregulars are Brigade Games Spanish Rebels.

There's a lot of pistols in this build.  Interested to see how that works out.

• In progress Russian warband:

L to R:

Eureka skirmishing Cossacks, Alien Lab Creator bear (or werebear,) Gringo 40s female Hussar.  

List will be: Officer, Priest (+20), Werebear (+30), 5 x Infantry (4 x Cossacks and a to be determined miniature... +50) = 100 points.  

Detail of the bear/werebear miniature:

Very crisp.  I think the arms are going to need some fitting though .

Close up of the Hussar Officer from Gringo 40:

The warband is being lead by the "Cavalry Maiden."

https://wargamesatlantic.com/community/xenforum/topic/55513/ballas-of-the-hussar-movie-review

I will be swapping out her headgear for a shorter shako more like this:

For the fifth Infantryman I might do a dismounted Kalmuk or Bashkir.

I bought this Gringo 40 mini thinking I would saw him in half to make a dismounted version....

But based on the arms at the side past the waist and placement of the sword, etc., the juice might not be worth the squeeze.  

Conversely this female Cossack miniature from "Elite Wargames and Models" has appeal...

But I've heard concerning rumors they don't actually ship products......

I might bite the bullet and roll the dice on a small order.  They have a bunch of interesting female Napoleonic miniatures.  The quality of the sculpting looks variable.

• Anyone have any experience ordering from Elite Wargames and Models?

• 2 / 2