Stand by for a monumental figure release Ooh - Rar "Hell Yes"

• The forth comming box sets, to be released by W.A., could no doubt in my mind, be the best recieved figures that the company as ever made. I suspect they will sell to any one who sees them , particullary with the painting "Skill" of Matthew Mark Leahy, his work is subline. I enclose all pictures todate, of these excelently painted figures, for you all to enjoy, the plastic is coming. OOOh YYYehr. Ooh - Rah.

• I don`t think that any set has caused so much excitment on forums for along while, the multi use of these figure in gaming is pure amazement. I alone can use them for Shadowrun, Primival ,Stargate, Stargrunt, and there are many more that I no longer play ,Aliens , Starship Troopers. It`s all there, the sheer versitillity that make them a cut above the rest. We on the forum all know the fgure bashing these will recieve, the scope for more  than I`ve listed, goes way beyond, and will only require your imajination to enjoy them, and  "I WILL". 

• What is the big armored vehicle behind them? Could that be from the render teaser we have seen before?

I am surprised how much I like how they look given normally I would never think to use brown webbing over dark grey like that or give them light grey shirts with dark grey trousers. It does seem to work though. 

I am not keen on the boonie hat wearing head with the chin strap under his chin. It just is not a look I am familiar with when it comes to military personnel in boonie hats. Easily fixed with a sharp modelling knife I suppose. Some will say the brim is too flat but I am not that fussed about that. 

• I will pre-order a box for sure. 

@Grumpy Gnome oooh good cath on the vehicle. You may be right. On Facebook, @Hudson Adams said these are for death fields but also for something else TBA... So its sounds like there is a game these are being made for. So the alien bugs and that vehicle may be for a specific thing... 

from Facebook 

"They seem differently proportioned than the other DF kits."

"Jason A. Martin they are part of DF but also part of something else TBA. A bit more natural proportions compared to the heroic 28s. But they’ll still fit in"

• I intend to pick up a box even though I don't yet have a good use for them.

• I'm leaning towards using them as police for sci-fi/near future dystopian games.

• Same as Mister Wilson above.. 

• I am kind of in the same position as Estoc. I have no use for them currently. I mean maybe for Starwars or or Starfinder. Maybe Stargrave if my buddy decides we are gonna give it a try. But currently I will be buying just because they are really cool. 

• Glad you like them guys! 

• @Hudson Adams 

Guess what?... We want more.. 😁... 

@William Redford 

Ohh-Rah can fit the part of current SG troopers, Crew members, Mercenaries or even npc models... For SW, maybe Rebel Shock Attack Troopers (like all those Alderaan Vets that joined Cassian' Suicide mission on Scariff in Rogue One) or Mercenaries (like Cara Dune after the destruction of Alderaan).

• @William Redford 

F*ck Yes.

That looks vaguely familiar and totally awesome:

• An older sneak peak for reference:

Sci Fi fort terrain?  Pretty cool if so.

• @Grumpy Gnome 

Reference:

The Air Force wears boonies like that.  Sometimes they do the "shrimp in the barbie" one flap up thing while they're at it.  Now if your discounting the Air Force as not actually military personnel, I get that ;)

Honestly as an old GI, I'm surprised you're not more annoyed with the douche-canoe backwards hats guys.  

• @JTam  Hold it right there brother, a certain U.S. Air Force Senior Master Sergeant may care to disagree about the Air Force using chinstraps on their boonie caps... 

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:U.S._Air_Force_Senior_Master_Sgt._Leonard_Arsenault,_with_the_11th_Security_Forces_Group,_acts_as_road_guard_during_a_ruck_march_Sept_120911-F-MG591-003.jpg

Joke aside, I fully expected someone to post a photo of some American Soldier/Sailor/Airman/Marine in a boonie with a chinstrap cinched up under their chin. I am sure someone does but I just do not recall ever seeing it so it jars for me. Jars... heads...Marines...... see what I did there? The jokes just keep on coming....

As for the backwards cap, yeah that irks me too but it will make for a good PMC head I suppose....... or perhaps an operator operating operationally....

At least the caps are not too big and pulled down over their ears/back of their head with flat, uncurled brims. 

Some interesting info on boonies...

https://www.propper.com/blog/the-history-of-boonie-hats-in-the-us-military

When in doubt, refer to AR 670-10?

From the above link....

Today, OCP boonie hats are standard for the U.S. military when patrol caps and helmets are not being worn. For example, the Guide to the Wear and Appearance of Army Uniforms and Insignia specifically states in section 4-10:

“d. Sun (boonie) hat. The sun hat is an OCIE item authorized for wear with the combat uniform in field environments when the advanced combat helmet is not worn, on work details, or in other environments where wearing the patrol cap is impractical, as determined by the commander. Personnel wear the sun hat straight on the head so that the web band creates a straight line around the head, parallel to the ground. The sun hat will fit comfortably around the largest part of the head without distortion or excessive gaps. The sun hat is worn so that no hair is visible on the forehead beneath the hat. The draw string on the sun hat can be worn under the chin, around the back of the head and neck, or tucked inside. The drawstring will not be worn over the top of the sun hat. The sun hat will not be worn rolled, formed, shaped, blocked, or with an upturned brim. Subdued pin-on or sew-on grade insignia, or branch insignia for chaplains, is worn centered on the front of the headgear left to right, and top to bottom (see para 19–3e).”

https://www.usamm.com/blogs/news/the-history-of-boonie-hats-in-the-u-s-military

I never wore a boonie while serving... but I did wear a blocked and curled BDU cap which would probably be frowned on in some units of today’s US Army and I would have curled the brim on the bearded cap wearing head.

I can see several of the heads being better for Cops than Soldiers/Marines. At first I was not a fan of the rolled up sleeves but they have grown on me and while I was not allowed to wear fingerless gloves in my time in the US Army I did get away with it while attached to the British Army Royal Welch Fusiliers in the early 90’s.

• Okay, having seen the scenery.....these guys, the power armour and the bugs seem to be coming together for a starship troopers style game.

• @William Redford Where did that picture come from?

• @John Wilson Facebook. Hudson posted it as a comment to someone commenting on the oohrah painted pictures post.

• @William Redford Found it, thanks. 

• It looks like there`a a real theme comming along with these, throw in some robots, and drones, with that power armour, and we will have a grand set. I`m now thinking they will paint nice as, "Red Hats" from "Collony", also my real joys, "Falling skies" and "Terra Nova", even "Avatar" if you could find "Navi". They trully are epic in their scope, and I`m sure theres others still dawning on you guys and girls.

• Plus lets not forget our "Bugs"

• These new figures are surely very interesting and are open to an endless string of conversions, given the fact that judging from some images,WGA stuff is compatible with Stargrave's arms & weapons, and perhaps also with the older GW plastic arms.

I hope they'll do also an heavy weapons/command sprue, as for Cannon Fodder and Grognards, followed hopefully by a female grunts' box.

• Are you guys seriously arguing about what a hat is going to look like in 300 years? 

• @Hudson Adams In the dark future and blackness of space, no one can hear you scream!... and fashion is everything!

I think the biggest issue with the "hat head" is it kind of looks big. But he could just be a big headed guy. It happens. 

• @William Redford My hat brought for me by Eileen spends also a lot of time on our Tia, "Girls just like to have fun."

• "She`s a cool "Opperator" sorry couldn`t resist. She`s even more qute in my "Bennie" bless her.

• “Are you guys seriously arguing about what a hat is going to look like in 300 years? ”

@Hudson Adams I would not call it arguing. Cinematic costume design is one of my passions and it translates over to miniatures design. Appearance can be a visual form of storytelling. So yes, I care about how something looks.

The differences between the cover art and the painted minis for example. While I like both, the cover art has colors I more quickly identify with. Coyote webbing rather than the darker brown. Lighter tan boots that look like desert boots. Why does boot color matter? In the US Army there has been a culture of defining “epochs” in US Army history, ie “He was part of the Brown Boot Army and acted like it.” I was part of the “Black Boot Army” and got out just before it transition to new “Brown Boot Army” (which was tan suede boots rather than the red brown leather of the pre-60’s Army).

Of course Soldiers also use uniform styles to define “epochs” as well. At least they used to. I have been out for 22 years so maybe things have changed.

I do not have a problem with the boonie hat, I just do not like the chinstrap under the chin. Some might wonder why you chose ballcaps instead of Marine Covers but I am guessing it has to do with the look of the Colonial Marines in Aliens, where they used a Vietnam War era ballcap for Lt. Gorman. I am glad you did not go with the German style cap from the movie Starship Troopers but for those that want that look they can get them from either the Ironcore sets or any of the number of WW2 German sets out there.

As it stands, the current heads, headgear and beards will work well for a lot of people either as futuristic Marines, PMC’s or Cops.

Maybe my attention to detail annoys some folks but that is how I see the world, including the miniatures WGA sells. And I like talking about such details. I engage on forums like this to try to find folks who also enjoy talking about such things.

And I would have thought WGA would benefit from knowing what their customers think. I have bought almost one of every box set WGA has put out and intend to buy a box of these Marines. 

• @Hudson Adams Yes they are🤣.

• @Hudson Adams Imagine what a chap from AWI's days would say about our hats!😄

• I don't care. 

Lord alone knows what will be the de rigueur military headgear 300 years from now. 

The way things are going now, probably a beaniecap with a big ole rubber dildo on it ala Idiocracy.

• Eh Guys hows about this machine?.

• @Geoff Maybury I saw over on Dakka Dakka that it appears to be a discontinued model from another company. 

“That's an old modular resin Heavy Tractor kit from Ratgard. Looks like Ratgard isn't around anymore, but unless WGA bought the files and copyright (which is possible), then it's just an old kit for set dressing. That said, I'd love a plastic Heavy Tractor kit!”

• Hey people Mark makes a good job of painting Bugs as well as Marines Ooh-Rah.