My Birthday. Lots of love to all the forum mates.

• Hi all taking a couple of days off, its my 68th today, so I`m chilling out with Eileen and the girls, Tia, Narla and Dinky. Don`t feel any different, no wiser, no older, just the same nutty me. I`ve had some great gifts ,some of which I`ll show latter,one I`m wearing now the wolf pendant from the Witcher. Heat is still a shocker here, going to enjoy a nice chinese later with EIleen . You lot on here take care,  be carefull, distance is to great if any one ends up ill. Look forward to reading all your posts when I return. Cyber Round on me, Cheers one and all, be back soon.

• Happy birthday mate! Have a great day!

• Happy birthday! :)

• Happy Birthday Brother!  All The Best.

• Happy Birthday! 🎂

• Happy Birthday!

• Happy birthday, hope you had a great day.

• So, how was the Chinese? Any special birthday traditions?

• Happy birthday!

• Happy Birthday! Hope it's been a good one for you! You take care of yourself too! 😄

• Many Happy Returns for yesterday!

• @Geoff Maybury 

Posted some pics of a cool M-ATV MRAP for you:

https://wargamesatlantic.com/community/xenforum/topic/53697/museumhistoric-sites-displays-photo-thread?page=2

All The Best!

• @William Redford @JTam @Grumpy Gnome @William Redford @lauregami,thank you all, and if your names not here, its only because the damn page jumps up and down as you try to recall the names, plus we have our own personal computer FUBAR, the weather page  keeps going across 1/2 our screen, do you think we can get rid of it . Eileens ready to throw the machine out on the lawn, just bloody done it ,talk about jinxing it. Takes around 2 mins to get rid, so not funny even more so if you lose the site. Any way J-Tam that card is brilliant, I and Eileen really like it, some day we will tell the significence of squirrels in my life , but thats another story. 

My Birthday was brilliant and the meal wow, I only wished after all the time we spent learning "Chop sticks", here now most resturants no longer use them. My gifts included Object 279 for ever now to be called "Grumpys Tank" cheers mate and Human Interface Be a Better Human which as blown my socks of and revived an interest in Cyberpunk it as an extremely different rule system and I`ll review later. 

Didn`t see any one over the last few days, or on my birthday, I`ve become aware, that now at our ages, so many of our close friends have gone, and we can count on one hand now the remaining, with most living too far away to see. The writing I do here is pleasurable in so many ways, and the friendships, though distant are good. So thanks all, for giving this old fart your company, and its back to our journey. Love to you all Geoff and Eileen. 

• @Geoff Maybury My wife is from Indonesia. there is a big ethnic chinese population which makes up a good portion of the middle class. Which is also why they are kind of hated by your average indonesian person since its a very wide economic disparity between the poor and the middle class. Anyway, she never learned to use chopsticks until coming to the US. And traditionally most food was eaten with just hands. So when she was with her family, any rice dishes were eaten with just fingers.  Though we have been back in the US since 2001 (arrived home like 3 months before 9/11) and since she has been in the US now half her life she finds those old customs strange when she visits home. 

• @William Redford God Bill I can`t imagine how that move was for you both, it shocked us here well away from the reality  and devistation. Sudenelly our world had become smaller and more darker.  it took a while for it to change. I was divorced and had been on my own for nearly 10 years i`d finally adjusted to be ing comfortable in my own skin. Then september I met Eileen we had just become a couple as they say 2/3 days before it ocurred. On the night we cryed arm in arm like babies, I stayed over as we had upset  her 6 sheperds. I slept down stairs with two dogs cuddleing me and I knew we were soul mates been together ever since only time we were apart was the days of my opp. When you know you really know.

Glad you two are well aclimatized now. and nice that see goes back to visit.

Took this yesterday  "The three Muckaters" Narla with duck, Tia with dounut and Dinky just being a "sheperd"    

• @Geoff Maybury Yeah. Life has its challenges. I was in Indonesia when President Suharto was overthrown. There were armed groups sweeping the city. They asked hotels to give up any foriegners they had. But for the most part, the hotels protected the expats staying there. This was 1996? Or 7? I was 21. The community I lived in was not an expat community.  We were renting a house from Pak Haji Maman. The Haji part just means that he took the pilgrimage to Mecca. I was taking Quran lessons from him. He was 56 or so, but had the most beautiful wife who was in her early 30's. And his 3 daughters were each lovelier than the next. they were 14-17 is in age. I never felt any fear in teh community I was in but it was a scary time. My passport was being held at the school i worked at, which was closed. So I could not leave the country even if I had had the money to do so. 

It was especially bad for the ethnic chinese as they were being targetted. Chinese owned businesses looted and burned. Chinese woman assualted... And... beheadings and people carrying them on sticks through the city as banners. It was really frightening.

9/11 came. We had just moved back to the US. and had an 8 month old daughter with us. I was 24 at the time. my wife was 22. She heard about it first. She said that the world trade center had collapsed. I thought the stock market or something had crashed so it didnt really register to me. I went on about my day and everywhere I went people were crying and watching TV's in the stores. Only later in teh afternoon did I actually know what was going on. Incidently My daughter's name is Sydney Artemis Redford. She hated the middle name when she was younger but now likes it. And she is 21 now. My son, Nick is 20. 

• @Geoff Maybury oh, and I love your 3 "doggos", Dinky is a fearsome Shepherd. :) We currently have 2 pugs. Zoey and Bimo. Both 17... which is ancient for pugs. 

• Ok, and sorry I brought your birthday thread down with depressing stuff. But i am glad you had an enjoyable Geoffmass holiday! and Many more to come!

• Oops.. Happy (late) Birthyday Mister

• @Geoff Maybury sorry, only able to get on here at weekends really due to work, but a big belated Happy Cake Day to you mate 😍 I always love our conversations, one of the things that keeps me coming back here TBH, and as a fellow doggo person... well, no more needs be said 😎

• @William Redford , Thank you  for your post my friend , you did not tie up my post with depressing none birthday stuff , you gave me an insight to your life which I will remember and treasure. We are all shaped in this life by events.  Some good and some bad  even the bad give strenght and light at times, you have lived at 20 plus an old souls life, and by your wisdom and humour now you embraced it and became the friend I have now.

• @Bill Thomas  Missed you to Bill only ment to have a couple of days off but we had the builders in fitting life assecories to our back door and garden . I`ve been on animal watch making sure our little black ninja didn`t go from back to front garden if the gate was left open. The guys were brill , but before you new it nearly a week of none computer. God have I missed every one, man Can`t live on bricks and morter alone , he needs conversation.  

• @Geoff Maybury and my apologies for the delay in replying... we've all been on vacation and oh boy, it was VERY needed 🤪