Sneak Peek: What's Behind the Curtain?

• nah, i'm pretty sure that its a ammo pouch. it has the look of one fo those "universal magazine holder" type things, with the long flap and sides that fold up a bit. which lets you stuff magazines of different sizes and shapes into it, possibly even multiple magazines of a given type.

hopefully we'll get more info on them soon.

then again, i could be wrong.

• @Mithril2098 

I've seen considerably more than my share of ammo pouches over the years.  This doesn't look like any ammo pouch I've ever seen.  It could BE an ammo pouch, but if it is it's a poor representation of one. 

• Maybe it's a prayer book they keep wrapped to protect.

• @Mithril2098 I agree with you.

• This is an interesting one. Definitely looks Deathfields to me. Maybe an angelic faction? The mood is Caw Caw. Maybe a Einhenjar flyer based off of Odin's Crows?

• @Red Bee Maybe just a character for one of the factions, my money is on a Joan of Arc clone for the groges.

• Yeah, my guess is ornithopter.

Unless they're going not-Sisters of Battle...

• Could it be something Aztec? Some decorative costume piece?

• @Grumpy Gnome Kinda of doubt it, cyborg wings seem more right given the industrial styling of it.

• so we got the full image released on FB..

On behalf of HQ, the latest Digital teaser:
    Death Fields Valkyries. Render is WIP and subject to change.

digital release, btw.

from the looks of it, some sort of battle suit unit, though i'm not going to rule out cyborgs till we know more. i wonder if they'll have a twin pistols build option, if so i can see these being popular as "not-sisters of battle Seraphim"

• @Mithril2098 

Pistol and hand weapon would work too.

They have the Zephyrim now.

• Hmm... the wings on the Valkyries are a bit different to the previous teaser. Could just be early sculpt stuff though.

• A whole backmO mistook the Valkyr as a Death Fields faction and had made some wild speculation about a valkerie subfaction for the Einherjar, only to be slightly disappointed to find out they were a Iron Core thing. I am super excited to see that someone else on the dev team thought they would make a good Death Fields addition. Having them be in power armor, with a very unique silhouette is just gravy. I'm loving these.

• Well I personally can't stand those shameless attempts to cash-in on the surge in popularity of Sisters of Battle. Another pointless waste of WA's time and effort, and again it's a good job these are just a digital release (according to @Lord Marcus ) and not a plastic box. 

It makes me laugh that these are supposed to be sci-fi Valkyries, for they have no Norse aesthetics at all! Even the upcoming Shieldwolf versions in chainmail bikinis show more faith to the original Norse legends. These could at least have had Viking knotwork as a way to tie them with what they're meant to be based on.

I mean, the armour is fine, and I'd much rather have seen it being used on some sort of Protoss-esque alien race, something that's not been made in miniature form before, but definitely not for a WA reskin of Battle Sisters. 

I wish WA would spend more time and money making things that have not been made before, rather than remaking things other companies already have cornered, because the latter is just a waste of their potential.

• @Caratacus I don't think you have to be Norse to use the name and even if you are there's no obligation to use early medieval motifs. There's a Honda Motorcycle, an American bomber prototype and at least two sporting teams of that name.

Modern day Norse warriors:

Unisex rooms in the army take emphasis off gender

• Well, well, well...  Sneak Peak 17 FEB 23:

Plastic! 

Looks like a German 37mm antitank gun. 

It would be amazing to get some 28mm German heavy weapons in plastic.   Hopefully they Schnell! this kit along.  

• Ooooooh, I want those arms. Like, literally just the arms, piles of them, maybe with slight variations. Empty hands are so hard to find, even more so on left arms that don't just hang and swing while marching, and yet more on right arms. And one of my biggest units will ultimately be duelists with nothing but handweapons...

• Sneak Peak 9 MAR 23:

For reference this is the current Landsknecht Ogre kit:

More Ogres?  (That makes the decision to have GI steel pots and berets on the sprue and less bodies in the Landsknechts Ogres kit even more unsatisfying).  

And here's two of the last sneak peaks glued together by Mithril2098:

Note the "Ogres" and what looks like human sized Infantry both have whatever these circled things are:

Is this two seperate kits?  Traitor Guard and Traitor Ogryns?  Awesome.  Or a kit with a full sprue of Traitor Guard and a half sprue of Traitor Ogryns?  Even more awesome for some reason.  

• @JTam I`d say the are popabaly Ogres, but it would be nice if they were all apes the large Gorillas and the others Chimps, with say some  Orangatans as "Dotors". That would be a great set and we have kept asking you never Know, for a second time someone might have listened.

• Jeez, I hope they are "sci-fi" ogres 😍 I've been poring over my requirements to fulfil all the classes for a mega Stargrave campaign, and something I'm struggling with is the "Enhanced"... I was looking at the landsknechts and they'd be perfect apart fom the baggy trews which I was thinking of converting... perhaps I will bide my time 😌

• @JTam I am hoping against hope for it being historical scale human fantasy infantry with a heavy dose of Death Field upgrade parts and themed ogres to go with. But its probably as you say.

• @Bill Thomas Er, the Landsknecht Ogres kit also makes sci-fi Ogres as the Vain, so we don't need a second sci-fi Ogre set.

• @Caratacus Would you not like some more up to date trousers, still wish they were "Apes" though. Cheers

• @Caratacus 

Well we already have plastic Romans so we don't need anymore of those right?

• Not sure which Death Fields faction I'm looking at, but it looks darned cool:

• @Yronimos Whateley 

First of all welcome back to the forum!  And welcome back to your magnum opus thread.  

Yesterday's sneak peak:

And these previous sneak peaks:

All seem to be Traitor Guard and Traitor Ogryns.  (Or plaque rabble, or death cult, or whatever you want to call them.  

It's a pretty exciting development.  Hopefully this is a project on the near horizon.  I imagine this kit will sell A LOT.

• @Yronimos Whateley they look like a more refined version of The Damned from digital.

I had my suspicions before, but now I'm practically certain.

• @JTam it would be cool if they released both versions of the team, like a before and after, or a civil war.

• @Yronimos Whateley Hello stranger welcome back, nice are they not now if this is a suprize plastic set wow, if it turns out digital ? Love plastic seems so long since things arrived.

• @Geoff Maybury 

Relatively certain all the kits are going to be plastic!

From the Friday Emails:

• @JTam OOOOhh I say!!!!!!, perfect for that new Grimdark site you posted Tam, the site. rules, they`re ideal for a quick thought out game, and as you said even tatics . I down loaded all 9 items, and am going to have a good read when I leave here in a minitue or two. The 4$-94 main book rules, from Drive through look good as well, the two page got me, the 16 page download put flavor. A site that makes so much free,deserves to be visited and used,. By the way the Army list is amazing, see my post answering yours. You did well finding Grimdark, very well. Love Geoff. 

• @Geoff Maybury OPR is pretty good. There is a custom unit builder out there that out let you add in anything from your collection that doesn't have stats already.

• @JTam Depends on which Romans you're referring to. If you're talking about Early Imperial Romans wearing Segmentata, then no, we don't need any more sculpts of those, as we have solid kits from Warlord and Victrix for those, but if you're referring to the Late Imperial Romans in Squamata armour or even the Gangs of Rome Civilians, they are valid subjects that haven't been captured in plastic yet. Yes it'd be even better if they looked into other Ancients and Dark Ages subjects that are in even more need of a plastic set, but given how WA are shamlessly following Warlord's preferences in genre, it looks as if fans of Ancients and Dark Ages will have to be grateful for only being thrown an occasional bone.

I just don't see the point in WA releasing a set of Ogres that can be made in fantasy or sci-fi, then coming out with another set of very similar-looking Ogres just with a change of trousers and more sci-fi gear, when Traitor Guard obsessives could just surely greenstuff any features they want on the existing Landsknecht models? It's a waste of time and resources that really could have been spent making much more interesting stuff.

• @Caratacus other then the guns, there really isn't all that much in common. And telling others to do extensive green stuff work on every model in an army is just as disingenuous as me telling you to learn 3D sculping to get what you want.

• I am quite looking forward to these "traitor guardsmen and ogres", will be using those for my Darktide inspired Planet28 game. 

@Caratacus I don't think they are similiar at all. Even with the sci-fi elements on the landsknecht ogre's they still feel very fantasy like. Good for a feudal styled guard army, far to much work to convert to generic. These one's look so far like you can use them both for something "evil" and "good". 
    I don't see how WGA is following in Warlord's footsteps. The only things they have in common are WW2 and Napoleonics. Two very popular era's. 

• @Caratacus 

Let's be consistent in our logic. 

If one sci-fi Ogre kit is more than enough and one can convert whatever else one needs with green stuff....  Than one historical Roman kit is enough, one can convert everything else off that kit with green stuff. 

Better get a LOT of green stuff.

• I'm excited for Traitor Guard period.

I painted up the Traitor Guard from the Blackstone Fortress kit and they need reinforcements.

But I'm most excited by how WGA appears to be developing and hopefully releasing three supporting kits simultaneously.  Main kit, heavy weapons, and a specialty troops kit all at once?  Amazing.  If WGA releases these kits together they are going to have a huge hit on their hands. 

The dribbling out of kits without any useful support kits has been interesting, but probably ultimately counter-productive.   

Totally unnecessary, but neat would be a big army box with two Infantry kits, one heavy weapons, and one Ogryn kit in it.  Maybe a free traitor commissar STL in it as well.  Love me some box sets.

• @JTam Were is the Info on the "Traitor Guard" the Fluff for the unit. ? Missed it some how.?

•  https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-death-fields-the-damned-257164

Assuming they are a more refined version of the Damned, there are similarities in the shoulder pads and the AK style rifle.

• @JTam Have you not seen the other GW traitor guard, the Blooded? Only duplicates from the BF set is the traitor ogyrn and commissar, all other sculpts are new.

• @Geoff Maybury 

I guess it would be more appropriate to say "not-Traitor Guard".  

Traitor Guard are from Warhammer 40K.  Imperial Guard (human) Regiments that have turned from the Emperor's light and who worship dark gods.  Chaos Cultists are rabble.  Civilians bearing arms.  Traitor Guard retain much of their military discipline and skills. 

You can see the obvious similarities between the WGA sneak peaks and the GW Traitor Guard:

Right now Traitor Guard are fairly unsupported by GW model wise.  There is no standard Infantry kit, let alone heavy weapons, or Ogryns.  (There is an Ogryn, singular).  WGA could really steal a trick from GW by releasing these kits.  

I don't believe there is any Death Fields fluff associated with these guys yet.

• @Colin Brinkley 

I have and picked up the Kill Team box set.  Very nice models.

But this gets prohibitively expensive:

And how many duplicate commissars and Ogryns do you need?

• @JTam according to GW you need at least 2, so you get enough guard with them to build all the options on their list.

• @JTam Thanks Tam, for your answer, love the fluff of GW, its a great rich scource of fine material. "WAAAY OVER PRICED" it`s a complete tragerdy that greed crept in and ruined for most a possible  grand  adventure.

• @JTam Thanks Tam, for your answer, love the fluff of GW, its a great rich scource of fine material. "WAAAY OVER PRICED" it`s a complete tragerdy that greed crept in and ruined for most a possible  grand  adventure.

• @JTam Thanks Tam, for your answer, love the fluff of GW, its a great rich scource of fine material. "Way over priced" in my opinion.  It`s a complete tragedy that greed crept in and ruined for most a possible  grand  adventure.

• @JTam Thanks Tam, for your answer,  l love the fluff of GW, finding it a great  scource of  rich fine material. Sadly "way over priced" in my opinion.  It`s a complete tragedy that greed crept in and ruined for most a possible  grand  adventure.

• @JTam Thanks Tam, for your answer,  l love the fluff of GW, finding it a great  scource of  rich fine material. Sadly over priced in my opinion.  It`s a complete tragedy that greed crept in and ruined  it for  a possible  grand  adventure.

• @JTam Thanks Tam, for your answer,  l love the fluff of GW, finding it a great  scource of  rich fine material. Sadly too expensive in my opinion.  It`s a complete tragedy that a high price ruined  it for  a possible  grand  adventure.

• @JTam Thanks Tam, for your answer,  l love the fluff of GW, finding it a great  scource of  rich fine material. Sadly too expensive in my opinion.  It`s a shame that a high price ruined  it for  a possible  grand  adventure.