Question regarding the French for WW2

• Hi,

A friend of mine is currently building Blitzkrieg Germans for Bolt Action and so I decided to do some French to oppose him.

I really like the uniforms and the French Armylist has some interesting units to play with.

Looking at the sprues, I noticed there is one Body with high boots and no coat for every 6 men with coat and putees. 

Are those officers or could I use them as Dragoons? I don't think they fit in as NCOs, since those mostly wear the same uniform as their squad.

I don't want to waste those Bodies, but I also don't need ten high ranking officers, when buying two boxes. But ten Dragoons would work. Is that viable?

• The pictures show them as officers.

• Early war French is not an area I am terrible familiar with so I am hesitant to weigh in.  But your idea seems like a good use of officer bodies to me.  I found the one attached picture of French Dragoons.  I would sand the boot laces off the front of the boots and Exacto knife little strips of plastic card for the side buckles on the boots and it's a pretty good match.(Dragoon on left)

• The description for the above Dragoon picture.

• Description for the previously posted Dragoon picture.

• @Don Williams tbh Atleast its a 35 man box. your basically getting the officers for free. The MGs are coming as a seperate kit and will hopefully come with some cool new inf >.>

• Got a new reference book - "Officers and Soldiers of the French Army 1940" by Jouineau.

Maybe these pics will help: