Some dark age Irish

• I'm building and painting some dark age Irish, here are the first 6.

The middle guy in green, has had his skin done with kislev flesh and no wash. And the guy with the cloak on the left has had his skin done with rakarth flesh. I don't particularly like either of those effects. So I am going to go with what I did on the other guys, bugmans glow, reikland flesh shade, cadian fleshtone, kislev flesh. But I'm going to go a bit heavier on the layering as I think it's too dark.

Another lesson learnt is don't use skeleton horde as a shirt colour.

My favourite guy is the slinger, I think goregrunta fur makes a great hair colour and I like the red on the shirt.

You may spot the Victrix viking in the back, I swapped one of the shirtless bodies for him. He'll be some sort of leader, or just a better than average equipped basic bloke.

I'm also thinking of trying to paint in the eyes, or buying some guilliman flesh and trying that out.

Next up, if I persevere are another 6 Irish and some wargames foundry wildwest

• Looking good!

• Nice work.  Thanks for sharing a picture of your work.  Like the composition with the terrain in the background.

• This photo sold me on the set. Now I just need an excuse to own them... Maybe a Frostgrave warband, or something. XD

• Nice! These are very cool.

• Next lot of Irish done

The flesh was done with either kislev or cadian flesh tone followed by guilliman flesh contrast.

I also tried to free hand a hawk on a guy like from Cobra Kai, safe to say I'm not there yet.

• Back from uni, and the group is playing a Mordheim campaign

I decided to go with tombguards using wargames atlantic skeletons, a footsore skeleton king type guy and a liche priest made from the persians.

After my first game, I learnt that heroes are quite useful. So I made make two acolytes for next week. 

I'll try and paint them up by next time, however the rattlecan inexplicably broke. So I have experimented with an airbrush my aunt found, and a compressor from the roadside. I may have clogged it up by trying to spray rattlecan paint through it. I've soaked the cup in warm water but the bloackage persists and paint gets through rather erratically (advice?)

Anyhoo, here are the two acolytes, one is missing an arm as it fell off. The skeleton hand to persian arm join is fragile

• Apologies for the image quality,  my DSLR has gone missing upon my return and I couldn't be bothered to set up the board for 2 unpainted laddies

I also forgot to add, I'll be entering them into the painting contest, as encouragement to get them painted in time

• @Ben S Normally I clean my airbrush with alcool, it depends by what type of paint you're employing, there are some cleaners for airbrush on the market, could try on internet.

P.s. you could try to pin the hands with a modeler's drill and a thin metal rod.

• If this is about that long mace in the foreground, I'm not sure there is enough room in it for a pinjob. Always an issue with skeletons. Acetate-based plastic glue is gonna be much stronger here than superglue, though I've seen even that fail in a few cases recently. Don't know yet if I'm putting on too much, or not enough, or maybe I'm shifting them around for too long.