Cannon Fodder Weapons

• Is it just me, or if you cut off the bayonet and tip of the barrel on the rifles it suddenly takes it from an Imperial Guard Lasgun vibe to a more Colonial Marines Pulse Rifle feel?  I think I like it more.

vs

I also think it opens more flexibility in the sprue.  For example I can trim less, use two cut bayonet hilts (as a bipod), and the drum magazine to make a distinctive SAW.

Or I can just take the bayonet and add the scope and scouts/snipers look like they have a dedicated sniper rifle compared to the regulars.

• Great idea.  It does completely change the look and feel.  

It does have a pulse rifle feel.  It also reminds me of the HK G11.

The squad automatic weapon and sniper rifle are neat conversions as well.

• Great idea! I am not a fan of the weapon in its stock form but your modifications do help sell me on it. 

• @Grumpy Gnome I initially had some hesitation about them, but when I got my hands on them in person I've really enjoyed the kit.  There is actually definition for a vest sculpted into them.  When the vest is painted to contrast with the uniform and the gun is cut down to the pulse rifle variant, I feel they go from mooks in surplus coveralls to professional soldiers (or at least reasonably equiped soldiers).

• They kind of remind me of Rogue Trader era Guard with newer style Laguns.  This is a good thing from my point of view.

• I had a similar idea: cut the barrel (and maybe the magazine) and *poof!* the rifle becomes a shotgun!

• @Forrest Wentworth The kit I think is great. The coverall torsos are so versatile. I have a lot of ideas for them but it is the weapons in that kit that do not appeal to me. Your conversion helps with that, so thanks!

• @Benjamin Hayward 

Nice.  

Or add the drum magazine and it looks a lot like an AA-12.  

https://youtu.be/WOoUVeyaY_8

(Love this guy's videos)

Accept no substitute if you get snatched from your world and have to fight aliens on a strange planet.