Legion's of the New Principate of the Roman Empire

• I have access to sprues from pretty much every wargames Atlantic release.

I had a spark of imagination the other night and came up with a sci Fi project.

"Legions of the New Principate."

The legions are, obviously, the military of ancient Rome.

But what, might you ask, is this so-called new Principate?

My basic running idea, which I intend to flesh out later, is this:

Aurelian, upon taking the purple and being dubbed Restitutor Orbis, is brought an inventor (in the vein of Archimedes) who crafts early forms of laser and conventional projectile weaponry.

Thats the early fluff. The models I am going to show photos of below are based around that + 100 years.

The empire has expanded to control the entirety of the European continent as well as the traditional imperial borders in Africa and the middle eastern provinces. Rome also controls north america east of the Mississippi and is in open conflict with the Pharonic Empire of the Grand canyon which controls a large territory west of the Mississippi with the river being a natural border.

• @Lord Marcus How did you get the shoulder pads?

• Neat concept!  I like how the adoption of modern or better projectile weapons has already driven the adoption of khaki/drab clothing and helmets.

Maybe the shield could have a notch at the upper right to facilitate the use of the rifle.

Similar to:

• Those look like Eisenkern shoulder pads.

• @BS Kitbasher Thanks.  Maybe I need to move the Eisenkern up my priority list.

• @Forrest Wentworth They are pretty good set,  a bit complex but worth it.

• @Forrest Wentworth eisenkern stormtroopers are the best. panzer work too.