WSS Article on Wargames Atlantic WW2 French

• Nice little write up from WSS about the WGA French.

https://www.karwansaraypublishers.com/wssblog/project-1940-a-french-distraction/

Seems they mix well with Warlord French metals and potentially will mix OK with Crusader.

Also includes some painting notes.

• That is great news about the plastics and metal sculpts being roughly the same size.

• @Grumpy Gnome 

I thought so.  WGA did a great job with these.

WGA indicated they were going to do "Blitzkrieg" early war Germans at some point to match.....

I hope they keep with the early war theme and do Poles at some point.  I already have a start..... one wire laying dog miniature!

• I hadn't heard or read about Wargames Atlantic doing Blitzkrieg era Germans. If they do, I hope that they don't model them wearing leather y-straps. During the Blitzkrieg era, the y-straps weren't that common, as the M-36/early war tunic had internal load bearing straps. I've had to carve them  off the Warlord Blitzkrieg Germans, which takes up too much valuable hobby time.

I have left the gas sheet bags intact, but it would be nice if Wargames Atlantic didn't model all of their figures with the gas sheet bags on their gas mask cannister straps right in the middle of the figure's chest.Maybe make the gas sheet bag a seperate molded piece,and model a few of the gas sheet bags wrapped around the gas mask cannister??

• Darn it, those are some great looking French soldiers!  I really really REALLY dig all of these WWI/Interwar/Early WWII kits from Wargames Atlantic - the WWI Germans, the Italians, the French, the British - they all look great!  Something about that era really hits the sweet spot for me, visually - the tanks, weapons, and everything looked darned cool. I have't bought any of these kits yet, but they really appeal to the Call of Cthulhu gamer and pulp "Weird World War" fan in me, WWI is definitely the setting I'll have to go with if I ever get into historical gaming, and WGA will probably convince me to do exactly that, sooner or later!

• @Mark Hoffman 

https://wargamesatlantic.com/community/xenforum/topic/44423/can-the-panzer-lehr-be-used-for-ordinary-soldiers

Reference:

Largely true for Poland and France.  Largely not true for Infantry in Barbarossa.  Depends when exactly in the Blitzkrieg they are aiming for I suppose. 

The chest worn gas sheets were near universal by German troops into '41.  They took the gas threat seriously in the early years.  Carrying the gas sheet on the gas mask canister was later in the war. Fun fact: Later regs  (1942) allowed the gas sheet to be carried next to the gas mask canister.  They were not to be wrapped around the canister although this was very widely done.

Making the gas mask sheet a seperate piece one could glue on the chest or not, has A LOT of merit.   Would certainly add a lot of flexibility to the kit.