Introducing "The Vain"

• A group of abducted Landsknecht - The Vain - who after some time on the circuit succumbed to flattery and allowed themselves to be genetically modified to be bigger and stronger. Their alien owner of course didn’t explain that they would also become grotesque. They now operate as guns for hire and are lent out to the highest bidders as a supplement to regular teams on the Death Fields circuit.

Coming soon!

• A couple things to note that I failed to in the first post. Sculpted by Rob Macfarlane. Painted and photographed by Matthew Leahy. All these parts are on the Landsknecht Ogres kit because it's a double duty Classic Fantasy and Death Fields set like the Lizardmen.

• Sweet.

Good to see those parts in place. I wasn't sure if the Landsknecht bodies would look too out of place with the more modern parts, but they look pretty good.

• @Mark Dewis you can floppy hat and feather them up too if you want more of a landsnecht look or paint the clothing more muted to have them blend in as regular troops too.

• @Hudson Adams Indeed. And removing the slashings from the pants isn't a massive bit of conversion if that's the look you need. Either cut them off, putty them up, or a bit of both. 

• @Hudson Adams love the idea, honestly. It is a great way to make a kit that "goes further".

Congratulations. 

• @Hudson Adams You`ve nailed those I loved them as Fantasy but Si/Fi they`ve gone a stage more, wish we had, these in Morrow Projects day. Better than any GW ogres, ,oh I forgot "Fallout" perfect substitutes. 

• Mutated Ooh Rah.

• They could pass for Imperial Guard's Ogryns, scratchbuilding heavy boots with GS, then giving them some BFG, such a modified Heavy Bolter or Plasma Gun.

• @Alessio De Carolis 

The Sci Fi gun they have is a pretty decent stand in for Imperial Guard Ogryn standard issue Ripper gun as is.

Vs.

If someone ever wanted to do a Renaissance style / semi-feral world Guard Regiment this could be the tipping point.  

EDIT - Awesome examples (not my work):

Credit to original great converters.

• Desire to build magnetized dual purpose Warhammer Fantasy Battle Empire / 40K Imperial Guard Regiment grows stronger.

• I did the mafs for you: $3.88 an Ogre.

• Looking forward to adding these troops to my Ogryn auxilaries, in my Orstralian Guard army.  Any chance of getting a monsterous mount for these blokes.