New Brits

• @Mold I'm convinced that the relative popularity of going against the Ottomons is the presence of a clear "villain" who actually gets defeated in contrast to the stupid pointlessness of the rest of the war. As far as I can tell everyone who knows who the Ottomons are hates them, which is unsurprising given they're so symonmous with slavery (IIRC they only officially abolished it a few years before the war and were still actively engaged in it). Even people from areas that used to be part of the Ottomon empire seem to hate them. It's apparently to the point it's shockingly difficult for historians to find people able to read  documents less than 150 years old because nobody wants to learn the needed language.

• With the changing of the Release Schedule, it no longer shows at what stage the models are at. Is that because of the poll which you pay to pick what would be next?? I prefer the old Release Schedule. 

When are the Great War British to be released? I've seen test sprues back in November, and a review of the test sprue stated that it would be released in January. Are there any updates,or better yet,a release date??

• @Nanashi Anon Logically, if they hadn't been so hated, the allies wouldn't had be able to arouse a revolt against them, think only what they did to the Armenians.

• Has there been any update on the dates for the WW1 British Release date.

It seem greatly overdue!

• Was the gasmaskcase and headgear the only change in the uniform from 1914 to 1918? 

• Question: how similar are late WW1 british and early WW2 british uniforms? Would it be passible to use these plastics as BEF in 1940? I am not a stickler for 100% perfect accurate models. I just want something affordable that is close enough.

I know plastic BEF are in the pipeline by Wargames Atlantic, but afaik right now they are probably a year or two away from being on shelves. So I wanted to see if I could make do with these models instead.

• Morning (for me) ;

To get a general idea, you can first browse Wikipedia :

- British army uniform and equipment in World War 1 ; List of British military equipment of Wold War 2 ; Service dress (British army) ; British battledress... and Uniform of the Australian army, for exemple.

Generally, the battle tunic of WW1 is replaced, from 1937 (step by step), by the short battledress (UK and Canada). Exceptions : the Home Guard is mainly equipped with the stocks of ancient uniforms (at least locally and at the beginning of the war) and the Australian army keeps the old tunic for temperate zones.

Good reading.

• @Pierre Lerdou-Udoy And they discarded the puttees, contrary to the italians, that, for financial problems, replaced only the UPPER part of the uniform, and were stuck with the old pants & puttees combo of WWI.😌

• You're absolutely right, "amico mio"...

The shape of the pants/trousers (and accessories) are also changing with the adoption of the new battledress. We can see the same thing when the Germans adopt their version of the battledress (M44 tunic + new trousers and gaiters).

The important thing is to keep in mind : first line troops (modernized equipments, if available) ; rear troops (use of stocks)... and possible mix on outfits depending on losses and avaibility.

The historical question is somehow : uniformity or homogeneity of wartime equipment ?

• 2 / 2