March! Vote!

• https://wargamesatlantic.com/blogs/news/vote-on-our-march-theme

The design team has just finished up all but one of the releases for January. We're building out sculpting briefs for February but we're also working to get a jump start on March and move development up a few weeks so that we can start teasing March releases in February! 

So let us know what theme you want and once a winner appears we'll get started on ideas for sets for March! 

• It's about time Egypt got its time in the desert sun, so that's what I voted for.

• How about Interwar civilians / adventurers that could be used for Pulp games or Gangster wars? A set with male and female bodies would be excellent, but even a set that was only males would be great.

• @Paul Mitting the theme has to be applicable to all the ranges, so something as specific as "interwar civilians" could only be a particular set for "civilians" or "adventurers" or some such general theme.

• @Mark Dewis My bad! As a Theme I would propose Pulp, meaning those kinds of exagerated tales where plucky heroes & heroines face off against monstrous or just plain evil bad guys. This could range from every era, where time-travelling adventures encounter packs of dinosaurs and cavemen, or face off against Roman invaders in ancient Briton. There would be clandestine missions against the agents of the expansionist Kaiser in the Great War, or derring scientific teams racing to stop the latest supernatural monstrosities crafted by the Axis in WW2. It is a genre that would cater to every era without too much effort I reckon. Even Death Fields could benefit from free-lance Mercenary teams that rivals send in to extract key players or eliminate upcoming stars.

• @Paul Mitting good idea! The Pulp stories did indeed range across all historical periods and there's no problem finding ideas for Classic Fantasy or Death Fields.

Westerns were popular, as were tales of swashbuckling and piracy. Captain Blood counts, as does anything Edgar Rice Burroughs wrote (which include several historicals). But you have Solomon Kane (Renaissance), Bran Mak Morn (First Empires) and plenty more.

Tarzan. Zorro. The Scarlet Pimpernel for Napleon's Wars.

Robin Hood. King Arthur. 

Phra the Phoenecian!

• Pulp Fantasy is one of the easiest to envision. Nearly all the "classic" fantasy literature such as Conan, Solomon Kane, Tarzan, the Sword series by Leiber are what I consider Pulp fiction. Bigger than life heroes with brawny physiques and no concept of body armour. Bring it on!

• There was an old saga from M. Moorcock,  "The Eternal Champion", with lot of worlds and characters, these were more anti-heroes than real ones, but could be interesting if some cues are taken from it.

• I think “old saga” is something of a relative term given “The Eternal Champion” was published the same year I was born.... especially compared to the much earlier original tales of Conan, Tarzan, Robin Hood, and King Arthur. 

• Pretty much the entirety of modern fantasy takes its cues from Moorcock. D&D is very heavily influenced for a start.

Monthly themes need to be a bit more general though. "Champions" or "Heroes, Villians and Anti-Heroes" would work as themes, though.

• The old Citadel ranges included some excellent Elric minis in the 80's or 90's. I have a few squirrelled away somewhere. It would be great to see a modern take on the Melniboneans and Pan Tangians as my early RPG gaming was mostly Stormbringer by Chaosium. Having some multi-part figures to build a small force would be brilliant!

• Fairly sure GW Dark Elves (both flavours - 40K and Fantasy) fit the bill here pretty well. Supplement those with some Chaos bits (there's a Chaos Spikey Bitz sword from the old Chaos Marauder sprue I have several of that would make a great Stormbringer or Mournblade).

• @Grumpy Gnome Right, calling it old it's a little far stretched, but if you look to the difference btw those yrs and now, really it seems another century, sci-fi & fantasy lovers were seen as a sort of "aliens" to most of people, expecially before SW. Now pratically every teen, either male or female, seems to have a real passion for fantasy or sci-fi, I can say this bcz I've four nephews (one is a toddler, but seems promizing!).

I knew about the old citadel range, but sadly it never arrived in Italy, at least in my town, ironically the first time I saw Elric was when there was a crossover with Marvel's Conan, a comic that my brother bought in late '70s/early '80s.