Medieval Fantasy Monster Hunters/City Guard

• For visibility:

• @Vitor Correia well you also brought up plate armor as a justification for doing them as medieval an that with monster hunting means knights to me, the Witcher tends wear weird chain and leather armor, a look which honestly I feel Frostgrave already covers fairly well, same deal with that guy.   Also if I wanted almogavars for fantasy or otherwise in thicker than historic scale proportions, I would just get the Heroic/Cinematic scale ones Fireforge sells.

• @Brian Van De Walker a lot of stuff was brought up within different contexts, but my aim was late medieval inspired. Longsword, plate armor, which can be just parts not fully covered. The example above is some sort of lame lamelar plate, and the context of its creation was for fantasy almogavar, which in reality look nothing like that.

I have seen frostgrave and their knights and soldiers have some good bits, altough still quite limiting, hence why I thing WA could do much better. (Oathmark has some decent miniatures with god awfull heads, again WA can do better.)

• @Brian Van De Walker I think a plastic fantasy upgrade sprue for historical ranges would be cool and would help adapt historical ranges into fantasy, since most fantasy cultures are just borrowing from IRL cultures anyways.

• @Charles Tottington Victrix just previewed a fantasy upgrade sprue for their early medieval cav. Looks good, if minimalistic. Helmets, cloaks and shields. 

• @Vitor Correia I would say that a WA Monster Hunter set if they do it right  would likely be more like the Frostgrave knights and soliders (lots of bits, diffrent outfits) except in more realistic Historical scale, it wouldn't  be uniform regardless of era.

Also Yeah, Victrix is making an upgrade sprue, it looks a little light on the fantasy though at this point. Like most companies doing Feudal fantasy Europeans the helmets are actually mostly Historical, in this case Tutonic  helmets with debatable battlefield usage (the Victrix sculptors thought no one wore them to the field and where more ritual use, I on the otherhand have heard of worst offenders in the funny helmet catagory that where fielded).

@Charles Tottington Yeah an upgrade sprue would cover the topic of  "medieval fantasy humans" quite well.

• 2 / 2