Next for Samurai range

• Rob is hard at work on a Command frame for the Samurai. What would you like to be included?

• Takio Drums, Canvas wall, Famous commanders and Daimyo (had unique armor and helmets) with one or more of them setting, severed head display, lots of banners/flags,

If you want to add baggage beyond rice barrels and ammo crates, I would add a small line of enslaved peasants (from the other side) being dragged off to build castles till they die or to be sold to Portuguese.  

• What is a realistic release date for the command frame and please put some sashimono and banners in it

• @Paul Evans we won't announce a date until the frame is in tooling or thereabouts. Not long though.

• I would say:

• Unit Command (Leader, Bannerbearer, Musician)
    • Daimyos
    • Named Characters like Oda Nobunaga and Co
    • Retainers and Servants
    • Ninjas
    • Western and Chinese Advisers
    • Tent Walls for Command Posts and Sitting Officers.

• Some more cav unless you are doing a cav sprue

• Other nice Sets would be;

• Late Sengoku Period Samurai with Westernized Equipment (Cuirass, Western Muskets ect.)
    • Ikko Ikki
    • Siege Weapons

• @Steffen Seitter Actually if we are still talking the late Sengoku era,  they would have used Japanese made matchlocks which were better made and designed than western made matchlocks of the time (there is a reason they had 300 peace without interference).

• I would love to see a pack of mixed Ronin.  Say fifty Ronin swordsmen, fifty Ronin Archers, 50 Ronin horse. Then to round out the pack 50 monks and 20 civilians.

I am a big fan of the board game Shogun (also sold as Swords of the Samurai), and I am contemplating using Shogun as the campaign setting, and whenever it calls for a battle, use the army cards as a guide to how to structure the armies.  Each miniature on the army card being a unit in battle.  It would take weeks to play out a campaign,  but would include dozens of battles and very easy to go between the campaign map to the battle field.  This would combine Warmaster Revolution (to play out the battles), Shogun (as the campaign map to track the movement of Armies, and location the of Fortifications), and Wargames Atlantics miniatures to play out the Warmasrer battles.

This would be a very engaging campaign to determine who becomes Shogun.