Technical support

• Posting on behalf of the Atlantic Digital team:

Greetings all,

The purpose of this thread is to be the place to post issues you may have with any Atlantic Digital product.

Reports should be formatted like the following example:

Kit afftected: The Damned

Part/s affected: 01.stl (or list mutliples, or a range)

Scope of issue: File loads with errors

feel free to add screenshots/any other accompanying information. 

These three data points will allow the Atlantic Digital team to troubleshoot your issues and assist in getting you printing.

The team at Atlantic Digital is committed to making your experience downloading, working with, and printing the files we produce as smooth and as high-quality as possible.

• Kit afftected: The hoplites

Scope of issue: All the unsupported parts, except the the bodies and 1 pair of musician arms.

• @Tonhel Vdh What issue are you having with the hoplites?

• @Lord Marcus lol, sorry, It seems I didn't finish my sentence. I meant that the unsupported parts were missing from the download.

• @Tonhel Vdh Thanks the team is looking into this.

• Hello, I have found some issues too:

Kit affected:       Irish Chieftain
    Part/s affected:  body-without-puddle-for-multipart-unsupported.stl
    Scope of issue:  The file shows a size of 0.

Kit affected:      Halfling Hero Sor Paddock Tidebank
    Part/s affected:  supported-full-body-halfling-withoutpuddle-11.stl
    Scope of issue:  The file is empty.

With a lot of unsupported files throughout all the zip files I get a strange error message in Print 3D:

Error message is "cannot be loaded, error code: 0x80004005"

From the internet I have learned that it could be kind of a compatibility issue or a general windows error code for an unspecified error, whatever that means. The good thing is that only unsupported files are affected. Has somebody else similar problems?

• @Peter Schmidt 

The error code you are getting in print 3d. When you try to open the files in another slicer like lychee or chitubox, are you getting anything similar?

Ive let the team know about your two reports re: halfling hero and Irish hero

• Hi found the following when printing out the unsuppoted Italien Tankette 6 part kit

Kit affected:       Italien Tankette
    Part/s affected:  6 part kit unsupported.
    Scope of issue:  the labled 6 part kit is 13 pieces???

Right hand exhaust is only joined to the body by the support bracket so is liable to break off.

2 small pieces labled smallwindow and smallwindow-1 exist but seemingly have no place on the model

• @Andy Phillips Thanks Andy. I'll get that sent to the team so they can take a look.

• Hi,

Errors in the gurkhas set, in the ottoman heads and Dux.

• @Alex Pil hi. Could you please use the format in the first post on this thread? give me any other information you can that I can pass along to the team for remediation?

• Ok, 

Kit afftected: Gurkhas

Part/s affected: gurkha-unsupported-files-multipart-body1 & 2 & 3 & 4& 5

Scope of issue: impossible to load the files

• Kit afftected: The Damned

Part/s affected : The Damned Supported Multipart

Scope of issue: Missing Files

Missing the machine gun and the chainsaw arms. May be a few more. The name of the files should really be updated to make navigation easier.

• @Alex Pil what slicer are you using? do you get an error message? Screenshots?

Please and thank you.

Remember, more information is better than less

• @Jean-Sébastien Marcoux thanks. I'll let the team know. File naming conventions we're covered in the latest update

• Kit afftected: Farm Animals

Part/s affected: Chickens, Ducks, Cats

Scope of issue: Scaling: I'm not an expert on farm chickens/ducks, but these animals seem very oversized compared to the Historicals in the range and other miniatures for Farm Animals I have from Renedra and Reaper.  I think a scaling of about 75% puts them more accurate, but the chickens and ducks feet are very fragile at that size.  Perhaps puddle bases would help with that, or a slight thickening.

• issue with unsupported parts of the grognard sergent. unable to open with microsoft 3d builder

• @crispin vasquez do you receive any error message?

Have you tried opening with lychee slicer or chitubox?

• Kit Affected: Kobolds (30/11/2022 update)
    Part/s affected: All
    Scope of issue: No pre-supported models.

Kit Affected: 3D Printable Alien Heads
    Part/s affected: Heads 21, 27, 28, 29, and 30
    Scope of issue:
    No pre-supported versions.

• @Desmond Woolston updated on kobolds as of 2 minutes ago. 

We apologize for the mix up.

The team is checking the alien heads now

• @Desmond Woolston Kobolds update has been confirmed. supported and unsupported zips are now available.

Re: alien heads: It looks like supported files are present. Could you please clarify?

• @Lord Marcus Heads 21, 27, 28, 29, and 30 are missing from the presupported list. They are in the unsupported list.

• @Desmond Woolston Thanks for the additional info. I'll get that over to the team for fixing.

• Kit affectedL The Damned

Parts: Single piece figures

Lychee is reporting many of the figures having unfixable errors, when printed out several of the kneeling figures are missing a foot and some of the more fragile weapons/extremities on other figures are severely bent.

• Kit afftected: Japanese Peasants

ISSUE 1
    Part/s affected: 
    body_28
    body_30
    body_32
    body_34
    body_37

Scope of issue:
    Unable to import to either Blender or view in Meshmixer, loads in Chitubox though.

ISSUE 2
    Part affected: 
    head_8

Scope of issue:
    Unoptimized (2.5 million trigs atm)

• Supposedly there are new files in my library, but when I navigate there there's nothing. Not even the previous batch.

• @Mark Dewis ooh I know this one! In your library, click on the Purchases (it's a drop down, just not all that clear) got my tribes, then click Atlantic Digital, and they should all be there.

If your just joining the tribe, for some reason it seems to take a while for My mini factory to update the Tribes page (took a few days for my personally), but once that page is updated you'll get the files as soon as they are posted. 

• Kit affected:
    Necromancer

Parts affected:
    necromancer-unsupported-files-fullbody-withpuddle-nercomancer4
    necromancer-unsupported-files-head
    necromancer-unsupported-files-multiparts-necromancer4-1
    necromancer-unsupported-files-multiparts-rarmoutstretchedcastin
    necromancer-unsupported-files-multiparts-ramscythe
    necromancer-unsupported-files-fullbody-withoutpuddle-necromancer1
    necromancer-unsupported-files-fullbody-withpuddle-necromancer1
    necromancer-unsupported-files-fullbody-withoutpuddle-necromancer2
    necromancer-unsupported-files-fullbody-withpuddle-necromancer2
    necromancer-unsupported-files-fullbody-withoutpuddle-necromancer3
    necromancer-unsupported-files-fullbody-withpuddle-necromancer3

Scope of issue:
    Unable to import to either Blender or view in Meshmixer, loads in Chitubox though.

• Kit afftected: BritishPolice1890

Part/s affected: Arm01l.stl, Arm02l.stl, Arm03l.stl, Arm03R.stl. Arm05L.stl,  Arm05r.stl, arm06L.stl, Head01.stl,  Head02.stl, Head03.stl, Head04.stl, Head05.stl - all in the UnsupportedMilt-partFigureFiles/Multi-partFigureFiles folder

Scope of issue: Oversized :-).. I know they are meant to be the long arm of the law - but surely not this long

• @Keith Tait are you printing pre-supports or supporting the unsupported versions? all pre-supports don't work for all printers. What are your settings?

@David Sjöblom can I get a screenshot of any error message you recieve when attempting to load into the stated programs. It may help the sculpting team fix the issue.

@David Sjöblom same comments as above for your necromancer report

@Mr Paul R Golder screenshots and any other supporting information please. Are you just loading them into 3dbuilder? Sometimes 3dbuilder loads in with the scale pre-set to CM instead of MM. 

Thank you all for your reports, they will be addressed.

• @Lord MarcusArm01L import into 3d Builder

• @Keith Tait @Lord Marcus  

I am getting errors on the DeathFields unsupported bodies 1.stl, 3.stl, 4.stl, 7.stl, 8.stl, 14.stl, 16.stl, 19.stl. 20.stl, 21.stl, 22.stl Error from 22.stl

• @Lord Marcus im not getting any errors, just imported objects with 0 triangles. i can open them in Chitubox and export as STL from there and then it works fine. and its only the listed ones it affects, all other files work fine.

• Sett affected: The Unsupported Security AI / unsupported Full Figure

Piece affected : Fullboddy02

Issue: contains all three full body models

Opened in Lychee Slicer

• Set affected Deathfields Security AI Supported Multi-partfigurefiles

Piece affected -Arm01L

Issue: contains multiple arm models in file

Opened Lychee Slicer

Subnote: it would be really nice if the folders had unique names. I down loaded the Victorian Cops, Ai Security, and Human Security at the same time and had to figure out which was which by opening them in the slicer

• Set Affected: Death Fields Arena Security/ supported/ SupportedMulti-partfigure

Piece Affected: _Boddie01.stl

Issue: multiple Body models instead of one

Opened Lychee slicer

• Set affected: Death Fields Arena Security / UnsupportedMulti-partFigureFiles

Piece affected: Arms10R.stl

Issue: lots of extra models in this piece

Opened Lychee Slicer

• Arena security and security AI have had folders updated.

Other reported issues are still being worked on

• Kit affected: Napoleonic russians.

Missing option: bodies without heads without puddle bases.

Complete figures without puddle bases are there, but not the headswap versions.

• Kit afftected: Napoleonic Camp Followers

Part/s affected: UnsupportedFullFigureFiles/PuddleBases/Body_04.stl

also Camp Followers Napoleonics\UnsupportedMulti-partFigureFiles\PUDDLE - all bodys

Scope of issue: Will Not load into 3dBuilder or Cel Robox AutoMaker

• Kit afftected: Monks

Part/s affected: Puddle Body 13 and 10, Haven't checked the others

Scope of issue: Large voids / resin traps in the figure.

• @Eric Jackson the team was notified of these and I am told a fix is being worked on.

• Kit affected: Classic Fantasy Caravan

Parts affected: Horse01-04.stl

Scope of issue: Not had one sucessful print in two tries, Sliced in Chitubox, printed on Elegoo Mars 3

These images are from the second attempt at printing and include some extra supports auto added by Chitubox. The first attempt was only one horse, result exactly the same as that seen in the last two pictures.

Shields are from another source and printed fine.

• @Anthony Miles I would suggest to start with the unsupported horse, rotate it 30 to 45 degrees to the side and use auto supports. Or wait for the corrected files, with better supporting. The file as it is now has more than a few mistakes. Take the right hindleg's hoove of horse06 for example.

The flat of the hoove is almost perfectly paralel with the floor and it only has one single support right in the middle. The drag of the resin will, more often than not, tear off the hoove's first layer from the support... and the whole leg is going to fail. The horse05 has the same troubles. Have not loaded the other horses... 

• @Francisco Alonzo Thanks, glad it's not just me then.

• @Francisco Alonzo @Anthony Miles the team has been alerted.

@Anthony Miles what are your settings? That looks like potentially an exposure issue

• @Lord Marcus When a pack gets fixed how will we know? Through a message on MMF or some other way?

• When they've updated a set (i.e. new versions of the files are uploaded) there's been a MMF message to your inbox, yes.

• Models: Female French Resistance
    Reference: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-female-french-resistance-268885

Just finished a print of the Supported bodies of the French Revolutionaries. Unfortunately there does not appear to be sufficient supports for the heads. Some of the lower jaws are getting cutoff and producing some rather disturbing results.

To repair my models I will likely reprint just the heads and attach them, but upon inspection of the STL's named _BODY_12, _BODY_13, _BODY_14, _BODY_15, _BODY_16, _BODY_17, _BODY_18, _BODY_19, _BODY_20, _BODY_21, _BODY_22, and _BODY_23 I am not seeing adequate support for the lower jaw and it appears to just be free floating in several instances.

• @Eric Jackson The team will notate the fix in the next MMF post after the fix goes live.

@Mike Henthorne reported to the technical team. thank you!

• 1 / 2