The state of Plastic modelling.

• I joined this Forum approximately 10 months ago, and those that know me, are familliar that I sold my collections of ,AvP,Starwars, Startrek and Starship Troopers, Zombieside etc. Every thing that I called large scale more, 32mm/ 35mm, I then decided that I would leave the Facebook sites for these groups. I then concentrated my modelling and social with like minded friendly people doing what I wanted to concentrate on.

The projects I want to do are my 1/56th dinnos in Primevil or Terra Nova.

Wierd Wars from American Civil to Nam and beyond.

A Si/Fi ? 

A Fantasy.

Dinnos I`m sorted and very happy. 

Wierd Wars. I was doing well to Nam, I`m very lucky, I`ve the patience of a saint, and it`s served me well thank god, Over 12 months I`ve looked forward to a real series of Nam by Rubicon and sadly thanks to the "Worlds" new economic age, deliveries of container goods from China are S**t. Their next delivery will finally start my collection  but it`s not due until November delivery.

Si/Fi I`m staying the cource and just going Wargame Atlantics Ooh-Rahs and any items tagged on + Iron Core.

Fantasy  Just our old D@D, and a box of WGA`s Spiders.

Thats been a very slow 10 months,of modeling. I`m really glad of the forum, for the contacts made and the friendships and laughter I`ve got and I hope you all feel the same. If a life of models continues so slow, I think that our recent purchace of The drowned Earth has made me want to delve into my favourites of scenery and figure conversions and of course dinnos.

So with this post as my header and lead Eileen and my self will sort out my dinnos from the shed and I`ll start some serious modelling starting with my own version of this model.

• @Geoff Maybury Cant wait to see more DINO goodness. 

• If you want to come along on the journey with us, find your own dinno and I`ll show you with photos and verse how to build one. You will need to get ready with the following items. Super glue PVA glue, some fine dowles , best are the ones used for scent bottles, wooden stir strips, milliput. Tin foil, fine string, Items in your scale that match your figure, Oil drums, water bottles, jerrycans, crates, etc, Paper clips and fuse wire Base for your dinno (if you wish). Type of Dinno is best as a "Lambeosaurines Type", to fit the artistry of the above, also I wish to do others featuring some military style on "T-Rex, Triceratops as the modelling grows. It will be a project even a beginer can enjoy, the saddle, blanket, and equipment  will be removeable. We`ll wait till the very end to decide weather a leather with mini watch buckle,  or rare earth magnets and a milliput dummy fastener are used.

So those who want to try put your name down here for the journey.

• @William Redford Cheers Bill want to give it a go?

• @Geoff Maybury hmmm. It does sound fun. Maybe I will go see what Dinos the craft store has this weekend. I do have the reaper trex and triceratops...

• @Geoff Maybury I looks like an amazing project, but not really my cup of tea. I wish you luck and am anxious for seeing what you will do. Weird wars are a curiosity of mine, but I am now too deep into the Dark Ages \ Fantasy rabbithole 😁

• @Geoff Maybury 

My good friend, I will be pleased to follow such a project but I cannot be part of it thanks to my pro agenda, cardboard model kits I still need to assemble, minis waiting to be primed and painted, to name a very few.. I do experiment some Tempus fugit phenomenon... 

I do really hope more members of the forum are going to join you and Guillermo!

• @Vitor Soares Yes but thats a good place to be my friend, Eileen and myself are still lost in Fantasy and unsure what gene.

• @Steven StGeorges Thanks our kid, I love your modelling you`ve got your niche and it`s brill, if you change your mind you know you`re wellcome.

• @William Redford EH Bill, thats a future project for sure, a removable gun platform for a "T-Rex ",best of both worlds, beast, and attack Dinno. 

• @Geoff Maybury 

My niche is actually in touch with reptilians (lizardmen mostly), dinos should have been part of the fun but alas too many ongoing projects and not enough time to make them a reality.  With El Guillermo by your side, no doubt you are going to have tons of fun in the making my friend 👍

• I rigidly limit myself to Victorian Science Fiction, Blood Bowl, Traveller, Wild West, Medieval Fantasy, Pendragon and Superheroes. Unfortunately that last one blows things wide open because of time travel and anything modern and horror and every other fanatasy and science fiction look. 

(Plus things that can be useful for the old GW armies)

Oops.

😉

• @Mark Dewis Years ago when I had my own teath and hair we played so many RPG`s, I crazy decided to use my Runquest  Hopollites as a film project watched by spectators. Played in the real time of around 1977, set in fictional 1990`s when the fighting really hit large scale and they ran on to the film studio grounds for get away . We`d got G-men, Dr Who,  Cartoon Characters  American Civil War all in the way of combat  civilians can be such fun .

Last game we played was set at a Film Convention Site, and featured as guest (Victims) Starwars, Star Trek, Scubby-Doo, Batman, and varied Stargate crew. It`s great to see Batman and Robin running with Shaggy and Scubby chased by real "Zombie Ragers"

• @Geoff Maybury 

I would have liked to join your project.  But my daughter firmly voted against anything that distracts her Papa from her.

I did snap these pictures for you at "Jurassic Park" Tibilsi, Georgia.  It's a collection of animatronic dinosaurs.  A little retro and a lot of fun.

• Thank you very much, brilliant models. They give them a lot more room than they do in our country. Cheers, Geoff.