Greetings!

• Hi, everyone!

Figured since we have a forum here I'd say hello. I'm the guy behind the Quar and Zombiesmith. Feel free to ask me whatever you fancy.

The best sources of info are at:
    Welcome - The Quar (rhyfler.com)

Rhyfler.com has all the books I've done for the quar available as free PDF files (except one)
    Its a new site that I am slowly adding too as I pull stuff from the archives and format it for the site. Anyone following the Quar for a while knows there's a pile of art and fluff for me to get live on rhyfler.

The existing models are here:
    zombiesmith

We are on all the other social medias too!

I've posted this elsewhere but thought I'd post it here too. (Grumpy Gnome also added it to one of the other posts):

The first hard plastic release will be a box set that will include a squad of Coftyrans and a squad of Crusaders (plus a couple of extra models), skirmish rules to use them with and some other bits and bobs for play. This will be a new version of Rhyfler’s Pocketbook that has been updated with a new shooting mechanic that makes a gun game more dynamic by rewarding movement and positioning so not everyone turtles up. (Ooo… I need to design the Quar equivalent of a shelled amphibian…)

Wargames Atlantic will be selling models/sprue/frames separate from the main box set if all goes to plan as well. Hudson and I have also discussed future hard plastic sets, so if these do well they will be followed with more.

Along with the release of hard plastics from Wargames Atlantic, I’ll be releasing new Crusaders and Coftyrans to go with them. The first month will be is-Caertens and Caertens (Officers) followed by light machine gunners and sharpshooters in the following months. And yes, the tractors are back in 28mm too. I’ll sprinkle in some arm sets and other bits to customize the plastic kits as well. I have 5-6 months of 28mm releases ready and Anthony is busily painting them for the site as I type. The first of these will drop alongside the plastics. Date TBD!

The infantry models released by Zombiesmith will be combinations of metal, siocast hard resin and some printed parts here and there. The tractors will be high-quality resin 3d prints (not FDM) and they look great. I’ll share some pics in the coming weeks. Although if you are in the Quar Facebook group and scroll down you’ll see some pictures of them back when I was prototyping them in 28mm.

These new Quar are around the same height as the first generation of Quar. The new ones are a little thicker than the old as I’ve gone a little more whimsical with them. The metal ones aren’t going away and some of the new stuff I’m working on will work with both generations of Quar. I’ll most likely need to boost the cost of the metal ones in the coming months, as you all know metal went nuts for a while and is back down, some, but I’m not relying on that to continue.

• Hello and welcome! We're glad to have you.

Will the quar have built-in bases for the game or will additional bases be required? Or will they be included in the box?

• The models will have integrated puddle bases. The rules don't mind if you use 25mm or 32mm bases from just about anywhere. I'm not sure if Hudson is planning to pack some WA bases in there or not!

• @Joshua Qualtieri Great to have you posting on here mate!

As a person with some Welsh heritage and having lived in North Wales for a decade awhile back (although admittedly my ability to speak Cymraeg is quite limited)... I notice a certain Welsh vibe to the names in Alwyd with your Quar. Out of curiousity, what prompted you to decide that? 

And will we be seeing some maritime themed Quar and vehicles in the future? 

• Very nice to have you come over and join us, and to keep us in the loop with your wonderful Quar.

• @Grumpy Gnome I have always wanted the Quar setting to feel like the Wind in the Willows meets WW1. The English and Irish countryside has always been my model. Then I spent a couple of weeks in Wales in 2002 and fell in love.

• @Joshua Qualtieri Wales can have that affect on folks. Be sure to wear a leek in your cap. 😉

• @Joshua Qualtieri What became of the Quar Invasion forum? Did you decide to migrate that forum community to Facebook?

• It was used less and less as time went by. Folks went to facebook or discord, etc. I'm tempted to restart a forum.

• @Joshua Qualtieri Yes, that is a commonly tragic turn of events it seems. 

Well, perhaps this forum space may work for you as a back up to Discord and Facebook?

• Any updates on the Quar plastics?