a new poll, results of an old poll, and releases.

• link to article

Greetings legion,

As it pertains to atlantic digital, i wanted to link to this article for discussion.

• Assuming "Women" doesn't dip back into civilian, mythology or ahistoric "x but female", what could be done?

First Empires: ?
    Decline and Fall: Gladiatrix, since just got male gladiators.
    Blood Oaths: ?
    Renaissance: Sengoku female "Home Guard" with naginata. Hussite militia.
    Napoleon's Wars: ?
    Imperial Conquests: Frontier women ("Cowgirls", female bandits), Dahomeyan "Amazons".
    Great War: Woman's Batallion of Death
    World Ablaze: Female partisans (already done), female Soviets (done by multiple makers already), Kokumin Giyuutai, Volksstrum (children so they look distinct from partisans?)
    General Accoutrements: Variety pack of heads.

• I would not make that assumption. The Mississippian set is a civilian one, as is the Committee of Public Safety, so they seem happy to overlap.

Single historical figures are fair game. So we could have Jeanne d'Arc or Caterina Sforza.

Anne Bonney and Mary Read, as well as Zeng Yi Sao were lady pirates.

There were female soldiers in the Tai-Ping forces.

Viking shield maidens are generally accepted as being a thing. For the purposes of a miniatures company, they are fair game.

• Female figures could be, either in plastic or in STL files, f.e. gladiatrix or amazons (classical or "esotic") in plastic, and historical figures in STL.

Other minis that could be useful, either in historical than in fantasy could be female samurais, either in armour and civilian attire, and a conversion set for "generic"oriental characters.

• My ideal set would be a Worlds Ablaze Soviet Nightwitches set for our centerpiece set for the month. Give us a biplane to go with the tank

• @Red Bee 

Respect.

An entire aircraft sounds ambitious....  But I would surely enjoy a "sewing machine".  Handy for the Korean War as well.

• @Nanashi Anon 

I'm big proponent of the ahistorical "x but female" but in the spirit of your post....

A Napoleonic option could be Nadezhda Durova.

https://wargamesatlantic.com/community/xenforum/topic/55513/ballas-of-the-hussar-movie-review

• @Nanashi Anon Actually your three question marks are easy to fill in and you missed some options. Let me fix that for you.

First Empires: Scythian Women, Female commanders for Ancient China, warring states women, Hatshepsut in wargear, Pantea Arteshbod of Archimedean Persia, possibly Persian warrior women (bit of a stretch but the Archimedean Persians did have greater equality for women), Judge Debra if you really want to get Biblical.

Decline and Fall: Gladiatrix, since just got male gladiators.

Blood Oaths: Viking Shield Maidens and angry Irish girls (i.e. dark age farm girls fighting raiders).

Renaissance: Sengoku female "Home Guard" with naginata. Hussite militia. Female Pirates up through the Golden Age.

Napoleon's Wars: Militia, Spanish guerrillas, female combatants for the Polish revolution, Hollywood Female Pirates and female rioters for the mob.

Imperial Conquests: Frontier women ("Cowgirls", female bandits), Dahomeyan "Amazons", Samurai Women for the civil wars from that era, Victorian Adventuresses, Female Boxers, female combatants for the later European revolutions.

Great War: Woman's Battalion of Death.

World Ablaze: Female partisans (already done. Yes, but could make more with a Polish and/or Chinese focus), female Soviets (done by multiple makers already), Kokumin Giyuutai, Volksstrum (children so they look distinct from partisans? answer: nah, just add storm rifles and different hats and clothes)

General Accoutrements: Variety pack of heads. Maybe cavewomen too given the Neanderthals placement tag.  

You can also add a “maybe Female steppe nomad X” to practically everything prior to WW1 and you might even be able to add them to Great War and World Ablaze too but not sure on interest there. I mean I added Scythian women already cause I know they are real, but you could probably add Xiongnu women to the First Empires list as well, similar deal with the Huns up to the Steppe nomads of 15th century, but they may even show up in Napoleon's Wars (know thier men folk did) and if the Turkish Bride manga has decent research backing it you could do some Turkish tribal ones and get away with it for the Great Game between Russia and the British Empire at least.

I am hoping they add “Female knights in plate armor” to fantasy, maybe female Barbarians or Adventurers, but I suppse even female orcs and goblins or ther monsters would be okay to good to.

Now that just covering things that should work with what is out there already in plastic, by themselves, and WA has plans for. Another good option would be the Trung Sister rebellion Vietnamese women (yes they had more female fighters in that war than just the Trung Sisters), the only issue is no Han Dynasty in plastic or planned for plastic so not alot of opponets.

Don't really know what they will add to Death Fields, but any of the above SciFied up would work plus several other options (ie figures to go with what they have already).

• @Red Bee 

Include a crushed terrain version of the aircraft and flying stand for extra awesomeness/value.

https://wargamesatlantic.com/community/xenforum/topic/74308/crashed-aircraft-terrain

• @JTam Absolutely! So long as I'm imagining my ideal set.