Digital Wish List

• I had some ideas that I think would make decent digital releases. That is, ideas that would be good additions to the range, but maybe not in demand enough for full production. Maybe others would like a spot to share their ideas as well.

• The digital range would be a great place to expand on the double duties kits. More Death Fields and Fantasy options for Lizard Men, Ogers, Giant Spider's, etc.

I think weapon options are needed across these ranges for them to make proper forces to be reckoned with.

The spider's lack in alien hands and could use some expansion, I've expressed my desire for cyborg dryders before, here is some better inspirational pictures. (Ones not made by AI)

I think your spider's with a all robot user body, like it was made for sentient spiders to interact with humanoids would be cool. Like those Japanese spider yokai that lure people in with a beautiful face.

The ogers lack shields for both ranges and could use some more Sci fi weapons, same could be said for Lizard Men.

• Good idea on an expansion to the spiders with a centaur/drow type body.

• Marks Hover-STUG III for IronCore... and other vehicles...

• @Lord Marcus I have some spiders on order, I'll kit bash a concept / prototype when I get them.

• @William Ings sounds good! keep me posted please!

• Superheroes.

Since these tend towards unique characters with mix and match costume options they will always be tricky to do in plastic sprues. And being able to scale up and down a bit is also a big plus.

Parts would also cross over with space opera, planetary romance, pulp and general science fiction.

• @Mark Dewis from 20's-40's pulp super heros to the heros of myth and legend, there is room for heros in all ages!

• @William Ings  Yep. My main desire is for classic silver age capes and cowls, in skintight suits, since those are notably lacking in 28mm while 30's pulp abounds (and crosses over with WW1 through WW2 ranges). But all of it!

Digital also cuts through the issue of gender mix. Superheroes are one line where female figures are expected, but there's always the question of how many to put on a sprue. 

• I know they promised no plastic to digital, but I would love to see a Death Fields conversion sprue. It would add a ton of value to the Gurkhas and future sets

• @Hudson Adams oh yeah, I know it and love it, but having a print version would be nice. 

• More Greek, Late Roman and 11th century stuff :-D

• Emergency response minis. Cops, firefighters and paramedics would have definite use in many modern gaming scenarios.

There's some overlap there, especially between cops and paramedics, but also firefighters that aren't in the full protective uniform. All three potentially have a common upper torso if wearing a hi-vis vest... which might also work for construction and factory workers, and/or politicians visiting workplaces. I could see a workable vest torso+ trouser legs that could become cop, paramedic or worker with head and arm swaps, plus add-on equipment parts.

• I think some new arm options for the WW1/WW2 French would be cool such as VB Launchers and some melee arms with spades, trench knives, etc.

• Cannon Fodder:
    Civilian work tools options and air tanks to make the use of the face mask heads more space like

• @ALEXANDER SMITH @Andy Phillips 

Good ideas.

• Trojan War Heroes.

Now "Trojan Chariot(s)" is a confirmed plastic kit Wargames Atlantic is working on.

And I hope the will also do plastic regiments:

https://wargamesatlantic.com/community/xenforum/topic/59614/the-trojan-war-iliad-odyssey

But STLs/printed miniatures seems like the ideal solution for the individual named heroes.

EDIT: Also some of the gods who liked to pop into the battlefield to intervene directly. Maybe 54mm-ish?  Athena, Apollo, and Aphrodite all appear on the battlefield from the top of my head.  

• Other thing I need: a saddled Halfling body for the chickens. It would be perfect for One Page Rules. 

• @Red Bee Halfling Cavalry are in "additional sculpting" according to the release schedule.

• @JTam that would make a good kit in and of itself. Or two.

Basically, make a kit for Mycenaean heroes (which would basically be 6 characters figs in one pack) and a set for the Trojans.

• @Lord Marcus The heroes could be STL files, but a boxed set of the various kind of infantry could be useful, don't forget that only the very rich could afford armour in those times, so mostly of the soldiers would've be levies with any more protection than a leather shield, so light infantry, and another one for mercenaries or medium inf., don't forget that they were from an area very similar, so armours and weapons would've be very equals, the main difference probabilly being helmets and simbols on the shields.

• @Lord Marcus @Alessio De Carolis 

There's some ideas here:

https://wargamesatlantic.com/community/xenforum/topic/59614/the-trojan-war-iliad-odyssey

My original idea was a box for lightly armed, no armor skirmishers and archers.  Another box for spearmen rankers.  And another box for heroes.  With Wargames Atlantic potentially selling printed miniatures it's possible that that is the best way to go for the heroes.  Or perhaps a box set for heroes is still doable and desirable.

• Sci-fi Laser rifle arms.

Specifically laser rifle arms that would be compatible with any forthcoming Army Building Sets like thus:

https://wargamesatlantic.com/community/xenforum/topic/49877/army-builder-sets-modification-for-flexibility

• As usual, I'd love to see some medieval Cossacks.  They could have options for sci-fi or horror bits to fit as Dracula's Guard types.

Cossacks: The Remarkable Military Settlers of Russia and Ukraine

• @Lidless Eye while there were Cossacks and proto-Cossacks earlier, they mostly came to prominence in the 15th Century, which fits in with WGA's Renaissance line. Terminology is slippery - "Medieval" generally refers to earlier centuries, and they should have firearms in the set.

I'm not a big expert on the finer points of Cossack dress and equipment, but I imagine a kit could be designed that covers the 15th century through to the 18th with little problem. Maybe even through to the mid-19th. The Crimean War beckons... 

• I think there's a gap in the market for multi-part post-apocalyptic figures in a few flavours - call them Urban Decay, Atomic Wasteland and Nuclear Winter. Would be perfect for all manner of skirmish rulesets.

What is available tends to be metal:

https://www.miniaturicum.de/The-Last-Project-Post-Apoc

https://www.copplestonecastings.co.uk/list.php?cat=1&page=1

I'm not sure exactly what form would be best, could be upgrades for existing sets or standalone kits.

• @fodzilla 

So like these guys?

https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-257164

Or are you looking for something different?

• @JTam less sci-fi, less heroic-scale, and (potentially) less evil - though death cults and cannibal raiders are obviously a common trope.

Consider a game like Zona Alfa - the gear is modern but more cobbled-together compared to your average military kit.

• @fodzilla 

Got you.  Good stuff.

• The main line of post-apocalypse in plastic is probably the old Wargames Factory one that got sold to Warlord and are now marketed as "Project Z". But that's more "The Walking Dead" than "Fallout" - all the gear is solidly modern with no scence fiction element at all.

You can get some use out of WGA's Cannon Fodder (those jumpsuits are just so versatile!) and Stargrave (especially if you want guns that are recognisably post-modern but not GW extreme). The Ooh Rah fit in to this style as well; clearly future tech, but not silly.

• @Mark Dewis I've usually seen that art referred to as "Medieval Cossacks" which is why I went with that.  I'm not huge into Historicals so I may be mis-using it, I just know their uniforms switched drastically to not stand out as much except headgear right after that.

• @Red Bee That's too bad. I greatly prefer 32mm figures and scaling digital is trivial. There are several sets I would snap up if they wern't 28mm.

• On the "plastic to digital" topic, the December release does have a couple of new (male) Cannon Fodder bodies with belts as part of the "civilian" conversion set. And it's clear that they are okay with putting in early release sculpts of kits that we know are in the plastic pipeline. Also, if a particular digital release proves really popular it could find itself added to the sprue queue.

My guess is that eventually, by default, a lot of the upcoming plastic sets will have had some form of digital release. 

• @Lidless Eye I would really sincerely love some modular Cossacks too!

• As someone who does Mountain Man Rendezvous Reenactment, I'd love some more modular kits for Historical Mountain Folks from the American West. Currently most kits I've found are either mono pose metal or focused more on the Movie version of the wild west. 

The Benefit to a mountain man kit would be in how diverse you can make it. From the French and Indian War all the way to the Plains Wars, we saw similar fusions of American Indigenous, French, English, Spanish, and even Scottish
    fashions, with a similar vast variety of weapons.

Bonus, it's a naturally age, gender and ethnically diverse group and lots of different hair styles/ faces/ and hats could be put in to indicate that.

As is, I could cobble together a fighter like this from about a half dozen different boxes, but it'd be nice to make militia fighters/rangers/native american militia in these sorts of styles.

Here's some other images that get at the sort of kit I think would be interesting

I'd like to draw particular attention to The Great Plains tribes as I think the few mini companies that do make indigenous americans tend to sculpt them in the "Shirtless+Warbonnet" style which is more based on a very fictionalized view of these communities (Though Warbonnets were used, it was far less prominent than art would have one believe.)

The Seminole, and other "Swamp Folk" of the Southeast are possibly the best example of this kit diversity considering they had significant cros pollination with other cultures and adopted many different tactics, fashions, weapons and, as they joined up, People into their warfare

Finally I had this pictured saved in my kit references, and it does have a "Command Group" but in a cheeky way, look to it. Big Extravagant Facial Hair, hats, and over the top coats.

• Super generic stuff like heads and arms wouldn't go amiss

• I would be real happy with Pig heads for the new Orcs to go along with the canine heads for the Kobolds.

• with february being cults and religion. what would we likely see for napoleons wars?

• @Lord Marcus 

Eastern Orthodox Priest(s) to inspire those WGA Napoleonic Russians.  Should be useful +/- at least a 100 years.  Silver Bayonet too.

• @JTam honestly I cannot think of a better idea for that range. 

• @Mark Dewis 

Additionally the +/- 100 years is incredibly conservative.  Would be useful from approximately medieval times to present.  

@Lord Marcus 

I'm sure the themes will get recycled over the years.  

Round 2: Spanish Priest(s).

Round 3: Discovering the Rosetta Stone.

(Religion adjacent at least).

• @JTam is that napoleon viewing a mummy?

• @Lord Marcus 

Yup.

https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Bonaparte_aux_pyramides.jpg

(Super High Res version at link).

• Vickers K Machineguns and ammo pouchs to use with Wargames Atlantic's SAS/Commando plastic kit.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vickers_K_machine_gun

• How about a Sci Fi conversion kit for either Halflings or Goblins? While the Cannon fodders arms are a little big I feel, I'd love to have a horde of kickass gun toting Halflings

• @Miyuso 

Excellent idea.

• need some loader arms for breda m30 and crew options for m37. 

• Outside of some full new sets (Decline & Fall cavalry, Elizabethan Train Bands, Napoleonic Civilians, Classic Fantasy Elves, Victorian style Martians), I'd love to see more bits for plastic and digital sets

• VBCW arms & weapons for resistance fighters (Lee Enfields, Webleys, Shotguns etc)
    • Weapons & shields for the Egyptian & Japanese peasants
    • Cavalry legs & arms for most sets
    • Silver Bayonet style Gothic stuff for English Riflemen and Camp Followers
    • Bow arms for Decline & Fall / Blood Oath / Classic Fantasy sets
    • Melee, special & portable heavy weapons for Death Fields
    • Elf heads for historical ranges

• I want an literal sports team for Death Fields. There's plenty of sports that an alien could see as war. Give Canada some representation as a bunch of ice hockey players on hover scates with light saber hickey sticks. How about an Aztec ullamaliztli team that favors grenade like weapons? Or a straight up Austrailian Rugby team, no weapons or future tech needed.

• 1 / 2